How The F*** does This Come Apart...

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
ok so im trying to get the trans out of the 63 dart for my other 63...

i got the shift cable thing out but cant find good instructions for the "park" cable removal...

im stuck and i need to get the motor and trans into the tan one today...

are leaving them on the trany or with the car.. i hope you left them with the car.

the simplest way to remove the park brake cable set-up-- is remove the small housing at the rear of the tranny, swap this onto to your new to the car tranny -- done!!!

the FSM says you can use a flat blade srewdriver to pop the spring loose-- i never had much lucl with that!!

are leaving them on the trany or with the car.. i hope you left them with the car.

the simplest way to remove the park brake cable set-up-- is remove the small housing at the rear of the tranny, swap this onto to your new to the car tranny -- done!!!

the FSM says you can use a flat blade srewdriver to pop the spring loose-- i never had much lucl with that!!

yea just swapping the trans into another 63 that is trannyless...

ok got the cables out of the trans and got the trans out... now need to crane the motor out and get the converter spacer figured out and stuff it all back in...

Usually it's the shift cable that can be a pain. The park cable releases in the same way. Pull the allen plug from the small cover that holds the cable end. Use a small flat blade screw driver to trigger the retainer spring just like the shift cable one. If you just can't get it to release, pull the cover and do it by hand.

-
Back