how the hell do you remove Master cylinder studs!?!?

-

CUDAGUY

aka Prince Valiant
Reaction score
I have two that the PO broke off on my Dart (as well as twisting the line in half) and I cannot get them out, arent they supposed to be pressed in? I have bent the column/pedal bracket and they still will not budge. Please help before I light this car on fire.

only took 4-hours to take out two studs. I wound up grinding both sides of the stud off and drilling/hammering the remaining stuff out......what a PITA!

sorry got this late....pressed in then welded, it was/is an assembly, removing them is a total pain ...but you did it correctly after you tried the wrong way...and you didn't set it on fire LOLOLOL

Well, Ive been doing most of the work on this car in the dark and couldnt see the welds, and as you can tell by the title, I was pretty pissed a few hours ago, lol. Anyway, new 'studs' are welded in, the whole bracket has been painted and installed, master cylinder installed, and the brakes bled.....first time Ive had brakes on this car since Ive owned it (3-years).....Im so fed up with this car inparticular, its been one thing after another.....title issues, wrong oil pan, siezed rings on cylinders 5-6, lots of broken bolts for no reason, etc.

YA I know....**** does happen ...but that is the life of a "restorer"..... ya either love it or hate it....and with 30 + year old stuff, that crap is every day stuff...part of the "process", goes with the territory...lay of the land....LMAO just smile and fix it, thats why your there!

Ive never dealt with as many things on one car ever.....it just doesnt want to go up for sale is the issue.

when I re-did the Cuda I broke ONE bolt on the whole car, one of the decklid hinge bolts. I have yet to break anything on the Valiant but Im sure the tailgate bolts will be an issue....or whats left of them:angry7:

wow, disregard my post, i was probably drunk and not thinking straight...what a jackass...Now i understand what you were doing as I remember doing the same thing...grinding and hammering them out...

-
Back