How to adjust rear quarter windows

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
When the body shop did my car, they pulled the windows and mechanisms. Then the two techs that pulled them left and took jobs elsewhere. Needless to say, aligning windows has been a total beyotch. The owner of the body shop did all he could, and I think I finally have the door windows aligned. However, I think the quarter windows need to move forward about 1/4", with a slight lean at the top to the outside of the car.

Reading the shop manual and Barracuda supplement for window adjustments leaves much to be desired. Does anyone have a good video or description of how to align the quarter windows?
Thanks.

I agree, those are a real pain. I have done my best to forget the entire painful process, so I can't really offer any help. All I recall is that it was made more complicated by the whole mechanism on the driver side being bent out of shape — I couldn't figure it out at all until I took the panel off the other side and realized what was wrong. I had to remove the whole mess to get enough leverage to bend it back into operating position.

I don't know anything about this, but guessing a ragtop just makes it 10X worse

I assisted a friend with a 65 Barracuda adjusting the quarter glass.
The 1st gen barracuda's are more complex than 2nd gen's so sorry, but the procedures would be different.
Did you check out the FSM for a 68/69?

I assisted a friend with a 65 Barracuda adjusting the quarter glass.
The 1st gen barracuda's are more complex than 2nd gen's so sorry, but the procedures would be different.
Did you check out the FSM for a 68/69?
I have been memorizing the FSM and the Barracuda supplement. It is obvious Engineering is not my first language.

-
Back