How to check if a brake booster is good or not?

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
How can you check a brake booster to see if it is good or not? Non Mopar 95 Honda,Sorry!

No I don't believe it doesn't, I will have to double check.Seems the pedal travel is not much at all.It doesn't stop the best.If you stand on the pedal hard it stops better.I checked all the brakes and adjusted the rears,but the pedal travel still feels the same and the car stops the same.If you pump the brakes it doesn't feel any different so I don't think there is air in the lines.

If you're stepping on the brake pedal and it feels like you stepping on a rock to get the car to stop, the booster is bad. make sure the check valve is working. and the vacuum source is not pluged

Try this because it's pretty definitive.

Put your foot on the pedal and hold a steady medium pressure on it while you start the car.
If it goes down farther when the car starts it's working. :D

I have the opposite problem with my Shelby Dakota. Brake pedal is good and solid/hard when it is not running and goes to the floor when i start it up..... bled and re-bled them. Abslolutely no air in the lines...... I am thinking bad booster. I can hear it hissing at me from under the dash when i press the pedal with it running.

-
Back