How to clean concrete stains!

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Well as you all may be well aware of, working on your car, makes messes, stains floors! I personally don't care to much but my land lord threw a fit when he saw some of my floor lol

So he want it cleaned up! Heres what I have... Garage floor is concrete and the backyard has concrete pavers. The stains I have on there are, transmission fluid, pb blaster, grease, just car gunk/grease/grime stuff that fell of suspension and other parts of the drivetrain during removal. Heres the big one! I got a bucket and filled it with white vinegar to drop some suspension parts in, well after about a week it turned kinda orange and I took it out into the backyard and took out the parts layed them on the floor and sprayed them with my pressure washer. Left that orange tint residue on the floor, and that the one I cant remove!

I have tried the simple green purple heavy duty cleaner, the purple power cleaner, I do have some of that kitty litter oil stuff, not sure if Im using it right because it doesnt exactly make it look like nothing was ever there, and thats if it even lifts some of the stain, dawn liquid soap.

Any recommendation on how to clean this stuff? A wire brush will work but it leaves it looking whiteish like its just removing some of the concrete.

In Canada we have a product called grease magnut by c.l.r. I get it at Canadian tire and it works good I use it on my fishing boat also ...... Detroit diesel lol

Dave's Insanity Sauce does a good job. I've used it. It's way yonder too hot for me. It even says concrete cleaner right on the label.

Also, about the kitty litter stuff. A lot of people jut throw it on and let it work. After it has absorbed the spill, take your foot and scrub it into the floor good. That will remove like 99% of the stain. Works good.

What if the stains have dried? Will the kitty litter stuff work? Also thanks for all the suggestions!

What if the stains have dried? Will the kitty litter stuff work? Also thanks for all the suggestions!

Yes. If you scrub it in with your foot, it will remove or almost remove it. Depends on how long it's been there.

if it is dry-- pour some gas on it-- scub that it & then put the kitty litter on-- should clean up most stains ,Lawrence

I heard about the gas before too... How long do I leave the kitty litter stuff on before crushing as sweeping?

muratic acid will clean concrete but may have to clean the whole area to make it match

Your orange tint is rust. Go get some The Works toilet bowl cleaner and put it in a spray bottle then mist over orange stains let sit for like 5 to 10 min. It disolves rust then lightly scrub and rinse thoroughly. The gas works on oil stains then totally cover with oil dry. If you let gas evaporate you can reuse oil dry.

Once you get it reasonably clean dust the whole area with Portland cement and sweep it around. It blends in the different color areas. I used to work with a full service gas station (anyone remember those) when I was a kid and they used Portland cement to keep the drive all nice and clean looking.

If you do a good smokie burnout it will be less noticeable.
:burnout: :burnout: zMAX :burnout: :burnout:

Hahaha I'll check out some of that goo gone I got oil eater and it's okay but not amazing

Rent a steam cleaner. Then make some smoke.
Or.
Spray with motor cleaner then wash/scrub with powder Tide.

get some oil dry(kitty litter) and cover the whole floor with it. let it sit for a day or two. when you sweep it up and rinse off the floor it will blow your mind! I do it to my floor about once a month. it works better than anything I've ever used. by the way, I've been a mechanic for 10 years and have tried many many things

kitty litter/absorbite/whatever. Do the twist on it with your boots. It almost turns it to talcum powder, then sweep it. works pretty good like that. White vinegar is supposed to clean rust stains, power washers are pretty cheap nowadays. HF has a 1800 psi for like 50 bucks. That will etch concrete if concentrated. works good on most stains. Those paint tarps are uber cheap at homeless depot, drive your car onto one next time you start spraying stuff.

Thanks for all the replies! I'm gonna try the oil dry for a couple days seeing I have a bag full I take it I need to crush it into the ground and then wait for 2 days? I will have to try that vinegar too

I use Kitty litter in 2 steps. First to soak it up. Sweep then poor on some fresh litter and use a brick to grind it into the concrete then sweep it up. Fast and effective.

-
Back