How to column-shift to floor-shift

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Does anybody have a good how to on making a column shift column to a floor shift column. I have the floor shift collars and a good complete column shift column. How can I make it into a floor shift. What do I need to modify etc, etc, etc. Pics would be great too. Thanks guys

Holy crap you make it look easy. I will try this myself over the next few days. Thanks I really appreciate it.

Ok I was looking at your collars verses mine and my bottom piece has to be able to turn but your says
"The lower third section of the column housing slides over the end of the shift tube and is secured with a 1/8” allen head set screw." Mine doesn't have a hole or set screw are my collars older or something. Could I drill a small hole put in a set screw? I don't know.

Sorry, it's hard to say. Do you know the source and origin of your donor parts? Maybe you need to post some pics so we can see what you have to work with.

Here are a few pics of my bottom third piece the rest are like yours.

Lilly and car parts 039.jpg

Lilly and car parts 036.jpg

Going by the pictures, you have 71 and up floorshift collars. The third collar rotates to release the key. There is a spring that hooks onto the collar and then to the column tube. This spring allows the collar to rotate. The collar justs rests on the column tube.

Joe

Ok I was looking at 70Duster440's website and his doesn't have the "slip" third collar. Is his a 70 style column?

-
Back