How to display proper paperwork at show?

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So over the years I’ve found so small bits to match my car for display. 1966 Barracuda. They are from the 60’s now in plastic jackets and I could stick them to the places they belong, but in a year or so they will fall off or be ruined.
A) license plate year registration stamps
B) State of Connecticut inspection decal the dealer would had filled out and stuck to the windshield for 2 years. This one is original, not a copy.

What can I do to display them but not ruin them or worse yet allow someone to walk off with them. The windshield inspection sticker will be ruined the first time I windex the windshield or worse yet fade.
I feel funny installing the registration stamps on the “antique plates” for my car. The original plates were blue with white lettering. No longer available- especially vanity like mine. “66CUDA”
Syleng1
IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_3071.jpeg

Here's an idea for you.

Use a digital display frame. This can be hung inside your vehicle for public viewing.

These can come battery powered and will allow you to take pictures of your paperwork and display them with your car.

It is very easy to create a digital slide show to display all your pictures and documentation without having to worry about losing the originals.

The Best Digital Picture Frames for 2023

You are crazy to display ORIGINAL documents, and not just for theft. Sun (ultraviolet light) damage is an issue

Have them copied, printed on paper, and DISPLAY them as copies with a caption explaining the fact

Many sign making shops could copy your documents and print them on adhesive or magnetic surfaces.

I have a scrap book with photo copies of all my documents like my 2 pristine build sheets, origional bill of sale, window sticker, 56 years of maintenance records etc.

I have a 24x36 sign board where I have some additional facts about the car in a fun and easy to read fashion.

My first car show I had the originals in the scrap book them I realized that was stupid!

I would only display detail items like this at a Mopar show as these are the only people that would appreciate them. I would not display at a general car show. At the average show all you need is a show board showing general info about the car, no details. This will eliminate 90* of the stupid questions. If you choose to display details, then you must protect them from sun and theft. Small items should be in a glass covered case and you should always be present.

Use a digital display frame
I like that idea.

I was thinking about something like that but interactive, like a tablet, tethered to the front bumper. Or a video narrated by James Earl Jones (anyone have his number?)

I like that idea.

I was thinking about something like that but interactive, like a tablet, tethered to the front bumper. Or a video narrated by James Earl Jones (anyone have his number?)
Funny !! LOL !!

OP here: So the car is going to Carlisle next month. Biggest Mopar show there is.
Adding details looks good to judges.
Pictures are nice but not authentic. I was thinking of the old document holders found in 1980’s European cars so they easily cross from border to border. That’s all.
The decals on the plates are good as long as Connecticut does not decide to change the design of antique plates. The window inspection decal IS a very valuable item to anyone with a 1966 car or older. That’s the one I worry about. But how cool is that having those documents. I guess copies but honestly I cannot stand those “note books” in front of a car at a show. Works for some but not me. I think years of guys with Mustangs gave me a distaste for that behavior. Lol! Again not for me. I was actually thinking of sealing in a plastic jacket (thermo heat) and then sticking in the a pillar or something. The video is good I kind of like James Earl Jones narrative. He owes me a favor anyhow. As long as there’s no “Luke, I am your father.” Stuff.
All good. Hopefully more info will come in over night and something I like will hit.
Thanks people for your help.

-
Back