How to fix sticky lifter.

-
you think im a total dumb ***? It WONT fit thru the freakin existing holes!!! I have pics to prove it!

"Dumb ***", certainly not, however, having replaced dozens of lifters I was amazed you had one that wouldn't come thru, specially after going down and lining up 2 diff "J" heads, an "X", and a "596", (see pix) only to find, as you can plainly see, you can drop lifters through all but a few openings,, so I have to ask, did you try moving it to a different opening.? If the answer is "no", you may have answered your own question.. lol

What OEM head is it?

cheers

Cyl head opening w lifters 001.jpg

Cyl head opening w lifters 002.jpg

Cyl head opening w lifters 003.jpg

Cyl head opening w lifters 004.jpg

As you can see in pictures it is a 714 head. A 302 type casting. Believe me if it would have gone thru anywhere, that is where it would have gone! got the job done, but still took off intake to replace the complete set of lifters and a new camshaft. Went with solids. In the Mopar world there are no absolutes:thumbsup:

Is it possible the flash is different on different years and castings? (Of course it is)
Maybe he's right about his engine and you are right about yours.

My neighbor took his car in three times for lifter noise at idle and when it came down to it he simply didn't have enough oil pressure at hot idle to get a pump up volume of oil to that lifter.

it used to be like religion here , put a quart of tranny fluid in a motor
run it 100 miles before you swapped motor or changed the oil it took all the carbon and junk out of the motor and true story wood brothers and trickle used to pour a can of coca cola in the race motors and run them around our country block here in burke wisc. 1 lap 2 miles wfo 11: 45 was bar time then . they were longest track champs ever up here in Oregon wisc , wich is now owned by matt kenseth kenseth couldn't be beat at Jefferson 1/3 mile asphalt
then the would go to the deep bowl at slinger, fastest 1/4 mile in the country they used coca cola for wd 40 to eat any thing stuck ,leanerd wood new a thing or 3

I was agreeing with you.
Im sorry, just got wrong post quote. I just found it hard to believe anyone would think anyone would grind off metal inside an engine if it did not need to be done. I guess if I was blind...... all is good.

-
Back