how to get wiper arms off a 69 dart

-

169dart4y

Reaction score
I need to pull the old windshield and need to know how to pull the wiper arms with out damaging them and or the body /paint? Thanks the chrome trim around windshield also Thanks
IMG_1334.jpg

Pull up slightly on the arm. There's a tang on the pivot. That should pry out with a small flat bladed screw driver and a light twisting motion. Let the arm down, the pressure will keep the tang in the out position. Now, just pull up. If that doesn't work you might have to use the screw driver to pry up close to the pivot. Just cover the area with heavy rags and you should be good to go.

Thanks I have a spare pair of wiper blades with the little tang. So you just lightly pry it away from the post and lift at the same time? How about the chrome around the windshield? Thanks

Thanks I have a spare pair of wiper blades with the little tang. So you just lightly pry it away from the post and lift at the same time? How about the chrome around the windshield? Thanks

Pry it away from the post while lifting on the arm where it goes toward the windshield. This will allow the tang to pull out far enough to clear the post and then set the arm back down to the windshield. This will keep the tang in place so you can pull the arms off the post.

As for the windshield trim, it's been ages since I've had to remove them on an A-body and would rather not advise. It's a hands on thing. If I could get my hands on it, I could do it, but off the top of my head...

-
Back