How to install 66 Barracuda tail lights?

-

Kevin74

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought a vandalized 66 Cuda with no tail light housing. I then went to EBay and bought 66 Cuda tail light housings (well, that’s what the ad said)

My wiring harness has three bulbs, but this housing has only two mounting holes for bulbs.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me.

By the way, the housing fits the car just fine and looks great!
A92132AE-8FCD-4D16-81BF-88998F724396.jpeg

D8644610-758C-47A3-9537-6CEB8AD3DF51.jpeg

420DC100-4C0C-41D2-B490-B30E859954BF.jpeg

Sounds like you have Valiant housings. They had a reflector in the center and Barracuda had a reverse lens. If I remember right you can unscrew the center and swap it with a Barracuda center for reverse.

Sounds like you have Valiant housings. They had a reflector in the center and Barracuda had a reverse lens. If I remember right you can unscrew the center and swap it with a Barracuda center for reverse.
Hey my friend, thanks for such a fast response!
I’ll keep searching for that center socket on EBay. Until then, I’ll be cruising with Valiant taillights!

Thanks,
Kevin

Hey my friend, thanks for such a fast response!
I’ll keep searching for that center socket on EBay. Until then, I’ll be cruising with Valiant taillights!

Thanks,
Kevin
You will also need a red lower lens as the Barracuda uses that for tail light.

You will also need a red lower lens as the Barracuda uses that for tail light.
Ah, I see. I clicked on the picture of your car, and I see what you mean

...and now I see the pictures you posted. Those look cooler than Valiant, now I’m wishing I would have bought the right ones

You can easily change to the Cuda lenses. I believe I have the center housing blanks for the Cuda backup lights. Don’t know if I have any of the lenses, but I’ll report back with what I have.

You can easily change to the Cuda lenses. I believe I have the center housing blanks for the Cuda backup lights. Don’t know if I have any of the lenses, but I’ll report back with what I have.

That would be great. Thanks for checking!

Here’s the bulb sockets for the center opening, left and right. I also have a couple lenses I’m checking over. And I’m removing the body gaskets from all of my remaining housings.

52A443B2-4F09-454E-96DA-F76EA3460EDC.jpeg

ok, they’re yours!

Thanks sir. Just quote me a fair price, and I can use whatever payment method you prefer. I bought an item on this site before, and the person sent me a private Conversation with their PayPal number

I have the lower lenses as well if you’re looking for those. I have the center reverse lenses, but they’re pretty rough, and the RH side has both studs broken off. Not sure they’re even worth messing with. Here’s the lower lenses, and a pair of driver quality upper lenses!

7DE861FF-74BB-47E8-A376-CBA31B75AECE.jpeg

What bulbs go behind which lenses?
1157 up top for the turn signal and brake light?
Middle and bottom single filament 1156?

thanks!

Stock numbers are 1034's for the dual filament ones, and 1073's for the single.

-
Back