How to remove dash

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
My windshield is out there isnt much to the interior but how does the dash come out? Can I take the just the dash out and leave the heater box and pedals and stuff in?

Make sure you have the heater controls and vent hoses disconnected but yes, the heater box can stay. Along with all of the bolts at the base of the windshield, there is one on each side near the doors.

The column can be lowered out of the way of the dash ( just unbolt it from underneath the dash). You would need to unplug the harness from the back of the dash.

I have always found it is easier to SLOWLY remove the dash in case I have forgotten something so I don't damage anything. When the dash is completly unhooked it is very easy to remove so if something seems stuck, don't just tug on it.

RTom

Cool thanks for the tips I appreciate it. I figured thats all it took. So I have a new dash pad would this be a good time to take the old one off and put the new one on?

I think it will be easiest to get to the bolts on the inside of the dash while it is removed, just be careful not to scratch it up or anything while you are re-installing the dash.

-
Back