How to remove door glass/vent window in 1968 barracuda?

-

blk340cuda

Reaction score
I have a Haynes manual that isn't very good explaining how this is done properly. I have removed lower nut to front track, regulator and lift bracket dropped from glass, bolt and nut to upper front of door. What am I doing wrong here? The glass won't slide out do to top of vent window in the way also. I need to remove the vent window and door glass can anyone clue me in to this assembly? Again this is a 1968 barracuda.

Push the lower adjuster stud you removed the nut from up to disengage it from the door bottom. Remove the bolts from the rear guide and you should be able to tilt the vent frame and side glass rearward at an angle and remove the whole assembly with some twisting to get that lower stud bracket to clear the space at the top of the window channel.

That lower stud has anti-rattle material wrapped on it and may be real tight. There is a hex on the top of the stud you can get a wrench or socket on to loosen it so it can be raised.

Forgot!!!

Also did you remove the up stop at the rear of the side glass and the pinch allen bolt under the plastic plug for the vent frame?

Our approach (images)
Removed the vent window frame bolt at the top of the front.
2. Removed the vent window frame nut and the washer from the adjuster on the front.
3. Removed the lower adjustment nut
. removed the drive screw and block
Remove the rubber door jam seal.
6. Removed the plastic rivet from the side glass that acts as the up stop to the frame.
7. Removed the top and lower bolt from the rear guide and removed the guide track from the door.
8. Removed the 3 bolts holding the regulator and remove the regulator from the door. A this point the side glass is moving freely so be careful.
. slide the window to the top poisition.
10. holding the side glass and vent window frame lift the assembly up and back simultaneously at a 45 degree angle.
. Just before you remove the assembly you'll need to twist the window glass to clear the lower adjusting mount at the foot of the frame.

This worked for us but there is probably a better way.
The result was that we were able to remove it in a lot less time.

More images
AlV

Thanks for the replies, didn't know about that pinch allen bolt. Got the door glass and vent windows out....

-
Back