how to remove drivers side window

-
a brick

you should be able to take apart the door by removing the door panels and then loosening the window from the track and slide it out.

:hello2:Congrats on your first post. If you need any help, this is the place to look.:hello1:

Be careful when you get ready to remove the glass, loosen the bolts that hold the tracks to the door and be careful removing the window. when I removed my windows to change out my door handles I had to tilt the front side of the window down and very gently thread the window out from the handle side. Be very careful and take your time because you could easily scratch the glass or even worse break it, The reverse process is the same for re installing the window back into the door, remember to properly align the stops and check the window for proper sealing before reattaching door skin and handle. Good luck!!! Take your time and you will be fine.

Hi

What is the safest and best way to remove the stops

Rick

If it's like a b body, roll the window down about halfway, then you can get to the 2 bolts from the inside.

I don't envy you a bit! The '70-2 Duster/Demon door glasses are one of the worst ones to change. Take your time and don't force anything. Keep in mind that everything inside is made of razor blades so you might want to wear long sleeve gloves!

-
Back