How to remove overspray

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
The whole car is covered in overspray.What can I use to remove it this is awfull.Is there a safe compound for clear coat or wax and polish it.

Lacquer thinner works good, but it all depends on where or what you want to remove it from.

Ya, lacquer thinner does work good. But Like he sais, It depends on where you are removing it from. It can totally F-up plastic and paint and other material. I think you would be a lot safer using Dirtex or Crudcutter or something that isn't really hot chemical.

I would NOT use lacquer thinner on the paint.Go to an Automotive paint supply store and ask for 3M Imperial Hand Glaze 05990 or Clay Bar would work also.If you have over spray on the glass and chrome lacquer thinner will work for that.
Jim

Clay bar works great! Make sure you use armor all to lube it when you do it.

Use either a clay bar or try alcohol (denatured or isopropyl). Your going to have to wax it when your done. We use alcohol wipes to remove over spray at work very day . Do not use lacquer thinner or other solvent. It will damage your paint job..
HKeller

I like to use a buffer with polishing compound and just give it a light buff on body. Steel wool works great on the windows and chrome, I would keep solvent away from newer paint.

Get 2000-3000 grip sandpaper, keep the paper and the surface wet, sand until the clear coat has a haze, then apply buffing compound and buff with a buffing wheel until the haze is gone. AKA color sanding.:cheers:

I had it all over my painted door tops and just hand rubbed it off with a heavy cut polish. It looks like glass again now.

Thanks guys not looking forward to it .The guy who did this mess will knot return my calls.Go figure

Get 2000-3000 grip sandpaper, keep the paper and the surface wet, sand until the clear coat has a haze, then apply buffing compound and buff with a buffing wheel until the haze is gone. AKA color sanding.:cheers:

The ONLY way to do it plus the finished product is always better...IMO

Clay Magic available at any body shop supply store, use the blue clay magic its some great stuff

-
Back