How to remove spiral piston pin locks

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Spiral piston pin locks are a pain in the *** to remove. My mini screw driver and o ring tool don't like them either.

There must be a special tool. What to do buy another tool or have machine shop remove them?

Guess what I'm wanting to know if they are easily removed with a tool? Any recommendation on a tool that works and won't break the first time I use it?

hahah I could never get mine in so we went with C lock clips screw those spiral spring clip crap

spiro lock are a pain to install and are harder to remove

I dont know if there is a toll for that
I dont think so as I was said ealier they are 1 use only
ther are suppose to be discard after one installation

2 small flat 'jeweler's' type screwdrivers. One to lift end of rail, one to keep it up, spiral out, piece of cake.

I use a combination of a seal pick and a small screwdriver. Once you've done a few, they aren't really hard at all. Just tedious.

I use two small screwdrivers and it works good. Just take your time and you will get it. Toss them after you take them out, dont even think about re-using them!

hahah I could never get mine in so we went with C lock clips screw those spiral spring clip crap

lol i hope you got two c clips and put them in opposite... or your looking to have issues like the chevy's

I use a straight o ring pick. I get practice though. Mac Tools makes a few ratchets that have spiral locks to hold the kit in the head. Hard to describe how to do it easily. toolman

Well sounds like im using the right tools just need to get my technique down thanks guys

edit: small screw driver to pry up and small needle nose pliers to pull out seems to be working best for me now. I was a beaten down man earlier. Thanks for the moral support and tech advice to conquer this job. lol...

small pick or pocket flat head screwdriver.

when u install them, 1st stretch the spiral lock out about an inch, then u just start one end and slide the screwdriver on top of the lock and against the pin bore while pushing down & going around in a circle.

easy.

-
Back