How to remove the dash pad 65 Dart

-
65 Barracuda is bolted. Had to remove the dash

65 Barracuda is bolted. Had to remove the dash
They are all bolted from the underside. My son has a dash topper over his in a 64 Dart and it is
nice looking. It has a lot to do with how deteriorated your existing pad is. Probably much cheaper
than having it totally redone.

Remove the instrument cluster and glove box liner makes it easy to get to the 2 outer nuts on each side. The center nut is a beeotch to get to with the heater controls in the way.

Haha i was in the process of taking mine off i got all of them except the one right ontop of the push button shifter...that was a month ago.

Haha i was in the process of taking mine off i got all of them except the one right ontop of the push button shifter...that was a month ago.

I could see where that might be a problem lol!

My dash is out on the bench. There is a cover you can buy? Mine is pooched too.

Mine has 2 large cracks in it that I plan to fill and then I will recover in a vinyl or fabric to match the interior. Turquoise

My 1964 has five pressed metal nuts, use a 5/16" socket...

D_0250A.jpg

I got mine off my 64. My neck still hurts. As members above have stated, above 5 bolts from behind. I kind of consider it a red badge of courage. Or stupidity.

I got mine off my 64. My neck still hurts. As members above have stated, above 5 bolts from behind. I kind of consider it a red badge of courage. Or stupidity.
Yeah on the red badge part. that center one kicked my behind. the heater control cables tore my arm up when a wasp flew out of the radio hole and I jerked.. wife was laughing her butt off at my frantic waving or my other arm to shoo the wasp out of the car there was blood everywhere from a tiny scratch. . then I realized that I was going to take out the windshield and remove the dash for painting (DUH):BangHead:

I do have to admit I like the way it came out though, wasps and all.

DSCF2962.JPG
DSCF2964.JPG

DSCF3592.JPG

Now that I relive the memory of that week I'm remembering the traumatic injuries sustained by my pride, elbows and forearms. Got a cramp in my arm and I remember the wife laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes. I of course could not cry because of the crap in my eyes. I wish I would have pulled the dash.

-
Back