How to reopen a dragstrip?

-
I think that's what it was too. I sure hope the next court date goes in their favor. Sometime in Jan I think.

Dennis

If you have a Facebook page, you can follow updates on there. Ray's wife posts updates.

My wife keeps me informed.

If it were me, I wouldn't ever post anything here. Or tell anyone. Just go run and test on it. It's really, really NOT worth it to go legit. You will spend a lot more money than a semi rig and crew and driving to any track in Southern CA to race. And you won't have to have a legal defense team against the suits from the semi and team when/if something is even perceived to go wrong.

We had a local couple pour their heart and soul into a local 1/8th mile, only to be taken to court after completion and they are shut down. It's out in the country with no immediate neighbors.

The complaint was noise, even though racing would have been Saturday only and ending by 9 PM. The ones that complained took it to court, and were told unless they posted a bond the track would be allowed to open. These two busy bodies posted nearly 100K bond to shut it down last year. No racing until further court battles.

I know that this thread is two years old but this might make you all feel better. A good friend of mine has a property a little ways out of town where his house is at one end and 600 feet away on the other end is his sanitary new Morton building.

We had been doing a few car repair and hot rod projects inside the building. My friend also drove a big tri-axle dump truck for regular work. One day he decided to bring the truck home at night and park it in the driveway in front of the building. Across the road this area had been filling in with new houses for a couple of years. Well, the phone started ringing. One lady in particular was livid about the truck being parked in "her neighborhood" at night.

Well, it turns out that my buddies property is zoned agricultural (for farming). He walked across the road and knocked on her front door. He apologized profusely for the truck being there and told her that since he wasn't going to be parking there he might as well use the ground for it's intended purpose. He said "by tomorrow night that whole pasture will be full of pigs, goats and sheep".

Guess what? No more phone calls.

-
Back