How to run electrical accessories to a simple hookup

-
Reaction score
im going to be running an electric fuel pump,radiator fans, ect. is there a simple way of running all the hot and ground wires to a simple hookup site instead of splicing them all. im going to be using a switch panel with this. thanks guys for helping since i dont have the answers i need. please post pics and parts you used

Might want to contact http://www.wranglernw.com/default.aspx . Used to be a downloadable catalog, but I did not see it on there web site. Very nice folks to deal with. Sell all kinds of different electric components. Everything I have gotten from them is top notch stuff. I found it easiest to call and talk to them instead of browsing thru the catalog. Has been a while since I dealt with them but they had always shipped promptly at reasonable rates.....

I'm in the process of building a relay bank from scratch. It would have been easier and less expensive to buy a relay bank from a parts yard.
This distribution post is the most expensive single part I've purchased...
http://www.vitelectronics.com/bsppp.html
You wont be spicing into any wires in the factory harness other than hot at all times and/or hot in run at the fuse box or ignition switch. The factory wiring is capable of signaling the relays through your toggle switches.
The high amp leads going through the relays and supplying the add-ons will come directly from the battery positive post or stud on the alternator.
Hope this helps. Have fun

This is a mockup of a fused hot all the time power source we put on a car. It's a piece of Phenolic with a fusible link mounted on it. The links are for a Honda and are available at any auto parts store. They come in 45/55/65 amp ratings. The studs can be covered with MS25171 nipples. The power wire then goes directly to the relay/fuse panel or a distribution block like Redfish is using.

Attachments

• DSCN1690 (Small).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 123
-
Back