How to store car without rodent infestation?

-
I use cloves, I put a small hand full in a plastic butter container and punch half a dozen 3 hole punch size holes in the top this is to keep them in place. Put one under the hood, trunk and two inside the car. Mice, rats hate the smell, I have used this for years in my boat and cars.

Kenny

A local guy suggested putting the car up up on jackstands with the jackstands sitting in a metal drain pan filled with oil. Said he has been doing it this way for years with no mice troubles whatsoever.....

Genius!!! I wish I had thoufht of that last year!!

I also stuff dryer sheets in the heater outlet and sticky traps in the trunk, on the trans hump next to the heater outlet and one on each side if the back seat floors.

my old man usually puts mothballs underneath the car and arround he doesnt put them inside he finds its hard on leather and such..dryer sheets works awsome inside and just recently we started putting those sticky mouse traps in the trunk and floors we get them at walmart made by tomcat i think its basicly super glue that doesnt dry and its put in a neat plastic tray and suposedly has rodent attraction stuff and as soon as they walk on it to lick it they get glued on there nice neat and with no mess easy to dispose of too

I have narrowed it to 2 choices.
1. A car bag or
2. Release one of your worst farts and quickly exit; sealing the remains behind you.

I just tucked away the GTS for the winter. Hopefully no more mice problems this spring. I loaded the car up with dryer sheets and laid down several glue traps. Thanks for all the ideas.

Carl

Cheez-it in the glove box and frenchfries under the seat do not work, repeat: do not work.

I don't store any of my cars, but still get mice. I almost wrecked a vette years ago when one ran acros my leg. I'm going to try the bounce sheets in them. At least it will smell better than my current automotive atmosphere (a charming combination of mildew, motor oil, burned wires and butt-sweat on vinyl).

I have heard that soap will stop your windows from fogging, anybody tried that?

I use peppermint in my trailer through fall and winter.......as ell as bounce sheets. Seems to work fine and smells ok too. In case i also have a trap set with antifreeze in a bucket with a coat hanger through a coke can smeared in peanut butter with a ramp going up to the top of the bucket.I have only caught a couple in the last few years.It works and it dosent stink...............Just some thoughts.

I use a product called Fresh Cab. A bit expensive but smells like pine and that is way better than moth balls. My local Ace Hardware store sells it for about 17 bucks if my memory is correct.

Cheez-it in the glove box and frenchfries under the seat do not work, repeat: do not work.

I don't store any of my cars, but still get mice. I almost wrecked a vette years ago when one ran acros my leg. I'm going to try the bounce sheets in them. At least it will smell better than my current automotive atmosphere (a charming combination of mildew, motor oil, burned wires and butt-sweat on vinyl).

I have heard that soap will stop your windows from fogging, anybody tried that?

coffee stops windows from fogging. Whent around a corner with a double double on the dash, it spilled on the window. I wiped most of it off, and for the rest of the winter I never had fog where I wipped the coffee off the glass. the rest of this window fogged up.

Weird

Good to know about the dryer vents. I have killed 7 suckers this year in my crawl space.

Load it with peanut butter ... forget about it and clean out the carcasses in the spring.

"Enables consumers to catch and release mice." The ad must have been written by a PETA member. Yeah, I'll release them in the spring when they're mummified!!!!

We put down a bunch of rodent blocks because we noticed droppings on my trunk and fenders. After a couple of weeks, we noticed the blocks had gotten a little smaller, but the droppings were gone. It works by making the mouse dehydrate, so that when they die, they are like little mouse jerky. No moisture means no smell.

-
Back