How to straighten out 68 Cuda grille?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
The plastic on my Cuda grilles is in good shape but the metal outer frame around them is dinged, dented and wavy in some spots. Nothing too far gone but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get started on straightening these things back out? I've never done any precise metal work so I was just seeing if anyone had any tips or if it was even possible to do at home?

The plastic on my Cuda grilles is in good shape but the metal outer frame around them is dinged, dented and wavy in some spots. Nothing too far gone but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get started on straightening these things back out? I've never done any precise metal work so I was just seeing if anyone had any tips or if it was even possible to do at home?

What your asking about is what I do professionally, you can do it at home but as stated earlier it's not that easy.

You can PM me for any advice or help you need, I'll be happy to help.

These are pics of a trim sample that has one half repaired and the other half left untouched, the straight end was damaged worse than the untouched crushed half.

I'm very happy to help answer any questions concerning trim repair. My goal this summer is to produce a four part DVD extremely detailed series on trim repair. There is nothing that I've found greatly usefull on the internet or elsware that aproaches what I intend to produce to help others manage to repair and polish show quality trim.

Anyone can PM me for help and advice to do repairs at home.

I'm not in need of any stainless or aluminum work, I'm buried with trim at all times.

trim2.jpg

trim10.jpg

trim5.jpg

trim1.jpg

trim9.jpg

i restored mine (67 cuda) the first thing you have to do is grind or drill all the ribits so you can dismantle the grill to get at the back side. don't forget those are aluminum not stainless steel. if you sand or grind on them it could be catastopic. do not pay any attention tohttp://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Interior/steel.htm your trim is not steel

-
Back