How To Tell BTWN 67-68 Valiant

-

A/MP

Reaction score
How easy is is to change a 68 Valiant to a 67?

67 has no side markers and tailights are almost the same as 69 . One solid brakelight section

68 has round side markers like all 68 mopars do and the tail lights look like three little squares stacked on top of eachother

Hope this helps

Jeff

I'm sure there many more items but add.....grilles, lower dash pad in '68, radio, inside rear view mirror, speedometer, arm rests, door panels, windshield and back glass gaskets and mouldings, K-member, Idler arm, and naturally the numbers on VIN tag, fender tag, engine/trans stampings, etc. Not as easy as it sounds, huh?
Thanks,Mark

67 has no side markers and tailights are almost the same as 69 . One solid brakelight section

68 has round side markers like all 68 mopars do and the tail lights look like three little squares stacked on top of eachother

Hope this helps

Jeff
Not all '68 Mopars have round side lights. Trucks and vans don't and most C-bodys don't.
Thanks, Mark

Well the muscle cars do. Darts, satellites, gtx's road runners all the ones that most people desire. I was just trying to help the guy out.

Jeff

1967 front and rear...you really have to read what all this guy did in order to lighten the car...this is also in the newest issue of Mopar Muscle.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1002phr_1967_plymouth_valiant/index.html

1002phr_01_o+1967_plymouth_valiant+passenger_side.jpg

1002phr_12_o+1967_plymouth_valiant+rear_angle.jpg

1968 front and rear, but the side markers are wrong...this was a 69 converted to a 1968 appearance, the blue one has the correct round side markers. Note difference in the center divider in the grille.

116_0705_01_z+1969_plymouth_valiant+front_view.jpg

116_0705_05_z+1969_plymouth_valiant+rear_view.jpg

1968plymouthvaliant.jpg

1969 front and rear..notice I tried to find badass pictures...show your friends the pics of the tail lights...and tell them to get used to seeing them! One other trivial difference I noticed, there is a difference in the lettering and numbering style between my 1967-68 instrument clusters and the one from my 1969. It's really splitting hairs, I know...
If you need more pics, use Google Image search, type in 196_ Valiant, and I hope you have insomnia....there are more of these out there than I ever would have believed.
Hope this helps, welcome to the best kept secret in Mopar land. Or at least, it used to be!
Alan

mopp_0809_08_z+1969_plymouth_valiant+front_view.jpg

mopp_0809_02_z+1969_plymouth_valiant+rear_view.jpg

-
Back