How to tell the difference-GT or not GT

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
OK all. I know to some of you this may be a stupid question, but I would like to know.

I am thinking about getting a 67 Dodge Dart GT. Other than the GT emblems, how can I tell it is a GT?
There is one on this site for $2500 which may be a good price (but to high for my blood) with a 273cid. I have found one locally for much less with a 400cid. But it does not have a title. If it is a true GT is it worth paying $800 for it and try to deal with the hassle of getting a title? What are your thoughts? I would like to know. Thanks

I went through this a couple months back and found out that the vin # will tell you the second digit of the vin will be P if it is a dart gt the P stood for premium which is what the dart gt package was mine was LP23 probably the same four first digits as yours will be. There is also a code on the fender tag which I believe is A65 but from what i found out it doesn't have to be there depending on the year. Hope this helps Justin

a GT will have a finish panel and trim on the trunk

trim down the side with turn signal indicators in the lead on front fenders to the end of the 1/4 on the rear

on the door panels there will be GT emblems on the top edge of the soft panel centered above the arm rest

the dash trim bezels goes accross the dash and on the glove box door

molding on the rockers from wheelwell to wheelwell

my Vin starts LP27 ( I Think) and they are right the P is for premium package 27 for convertible

GT emblems on both front fenders and in the center of the grill

Now, I don't think a GT is really worth much more than any 67 Dart. If it is a numbers matching big block yeah worth lots more, with any other dart with whatever engine someone stuffs in it, they are worth what someone is willing to pay, post, GT or 270 would think they are worth about the same

my GT was 225 slant 6, even though the books all list as V8 Dart with optional 6, auto on column, bucket seats, 13" tires and 7 1/4 rear

I bought a non running 67 Dart GT for $750, but I wanted parts off it for mine, and I need to try and get a title for it.

-
Back