Howards mech roller w Comp Rollers

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I would like to use a Howards Mech Roller Cam with Comp Rollers.???? i dont like the Mech Rollers Howards offers, $239.00 for a set?!?
I have nothing but good things about Comp Rollers.
440 Unbushed block

Comp 829-16 Edure X $469 a sey
Howard Mech Roller 245 dur #050 600 lift .050 range
with 1.6 crane lifters for little more lift
3000Rpm to 6300Rpm

We have a site sponsor MRL that's producing solid roller lifter for the big block that have pressure lube to the roller bearing. Might give Mike a call. Good guy to talk to.

Thanks for the response but could you elaborate please?

MRL ?
Phone number or website info?
Pressure lube? (do I have to machine the block)?
Motor is in the car and I do not want to pull it out till November
My mind is set on the cam choice but I need a good set of Mech Rollers that are not $1200... $500 I can swing..

...if you look to the right sidebar where the FABO sponsors reside...I'm sure you'll see "MRL Performance"...click on that-they build some BA Mopars

Sorry for being so vague. MRL Performance is the company name.http://www.mrlperformance.com/ Mike Liston. is the owner. He's one of the site sponsors here. After talking to him I plan on taking my 440 to him over the winter. He has designed his own mech roller lifters that supply pressurized. oil to the roller bearings on the lifters. They are a drop in design. Compared to some of the others that I have looked at for the Lunati I am gonna run the price is good with the added benefit of constant oil to the roller as I plan on running a solid roller on the street .

Sorry for being so vague. MRL Performance is the company name.http://www.mrlperformance.com/ Mike Liston. is the owner. He's one of the site sponsors here. After talking to him I plan on taking my 440 to him over the winter. He has designed his own mech roller lifters that supply pressurized. oil to the roller bearings on the lifters. They are a drop in design. Compared to some of the others that I have looked at for the Lunati I am gonna run the price is good with the added benefit of constant oil to the roller as I plan on running a solid roller on the street .

Thanks, I should have looked to the side Bar. I will try His Rollers But I need to find out more about the pressurized roller(are they drop in or do I need oil mods

Thanks, should have checked side bar
I will try them but need to ask about oil pressurization? Do I need to add oil lines?

Here is a link http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=192598 , plus all the info is on the web site www.mrlperformance.com

No mod are required at all. The oil feed to the roller comes from inside the lifter. We have a oil hole drilled in the oil band that feeds a constant supply of oil to the roller. The 829 do not, and they will fail at some point and considered a Race part and dont do well on the street. Ours are proven to last under any condition.

We do have an internal oil mod that feeds the rockers thru an external oil line to save the #4 main bearing from oil starvation. But that is completely separate deal from the lifters

Would like to more about this oil mod for the rockers on the BB, check your site and did not see anything.

jCan I run a Howards mechanical Roller with your Mech Roller lifters?
I like Howards because A). they will custom Grind a cam for me at a reasonable fee plus they have one pretty close to what im looking for already. Heard good things about them
B). They are helpfull and knowledgable at the shows, phone. much more than my Comp Cam experience so they got my vote!

Yes. They will work with just about any cam. I have test fit them in a factory block with LOBE lifts upto .570". Thats Lobe lift, not valve lift. w/1.5 rocker, thats .855" lift at valve

And if anyone has signed up for the news letter about the oiling mod pm me your email so I can send it out. I dont know who is who or what they want to see. If you PM me I can send it out.

Not to change the subject, but still related....Mike, what will the small block lifters handle?

-
Back