Howdy from North Carolina

-

Raleigh Rocket

Shake 'n' Bake!
Reaction score
Hey, my name's Bo and I wanna party it up with y'all on your forum. Although I've never owned anything but a Chrysler product, this is my first A-body.

It's a 75 Valiant Custom with a slant6/904 that I picked up about a week ago. It's not exactly a tire-burnin' 2-door 340 blacktop shredder like some of y'all's, but it's mine and it's paid for, and that's cool to me.

It runs pretty good, a little leaky around the oil pan, but nothin' a new gasket and a wrench can't fix. Fires right up every time. Tranny shifts perfect, man. No rust, dents or scratches. I popped open the glove box and found the original Chrysler warranty sheet, bill of sale from the dealership dated '76 and the original title dated '76.

I ain't winnin' no races just yet, but at least I can look cool losin'.
33714_113459778713240_100001476559604_98107_3369084_n.jpg

you will have fun with it, i know im having a blast with my 4 door,and i havent even got it on the road yet.

welcome im outside of louisburg about 35 miles from you i work in raleigh...

Welcome to FABO! I am located really close to you in Clayton. Where did you find that gem? If local, I wish I found it. Great looking car. Nice score man. hey come out to the MADD Car show at Lake Wheeler park this Saturday, I'll be there with my Duster.

Welcome to FABO! I am located really close to you in Clayton. Where did you find that gem? If local, I wish I found it. Great looking car. Nice score man. hey come out to the MADD Car show at Lake Wheeler park this Saturday, I'll be there with my Duster.

I stumbled on it in Asheboro on the way home from the zoo. I got kinda' turned around on a back road thinking I knew a shortcut to 421 into Sanford and saw the grille pokin' out of a tobbaco barn. I stopped and knocked on the door and an OLD lady answered. I asked her what the deal was and if she'd sell it.
She told me her husband bought it and a Mercury brand new in '76. He used the Merc to get back and forth to work (he was a mechanic, how lucky is that?) and she used the Plymouth to got to church 5 miles up the road twice a week. It had 80k and every service record for the past 35 years. He died in 2006 and she put the car away. So, here I come, asking about the car, she can't drive anymore and she has no interest in it whatsoever. She disappeared into the house for almost 20 minutes and came out with his keychain. It still had his house key and plug gapper on it! I slid the key in the column, pumped the gas a few times and it fired right up! I couldn't believe it. To be sure, the battery should have been dead, right? I asked what she wanted for it and she asked how much I had. I pulled no more cash from my pocket that it takes to buy a new set of tires and she handed me the keys again and called her daughter to take her to the bank to have the title notarized.
It ran like buttered *** until I filled it up with fresh 93 test. Then it cleared right up and I drove it all the way back home. Everything works, right down to the map lights and that annoying 70's buzzer that tells you the key is in the ignition.

What time does that show start?

Welcome! Better keep the windows up at red lights....

Chick will be diving in the windows if they're open!! 8)

Pete

I stumbled on it in Asheboro on the way home from the zoo. I got kinda' turned around on a back road thinking I knew a shortcut to 421 into Sanford and saw the grille pokin' out of a tobbaco barn. I stopped and knocked on the door and an OLD lady answered. I asked her what the deal was and if she'd sell it.
She told me her husband bought it and a Mercury brand new in '76. He used the Merc to get back and forth to work (he was a mechanic, how lucky is that?) and she used the Plymouth to got to church 5 miles up the road twice a week. It had 80k and every service record for the past 35 years. He died in 2006 and she put the car away. So, here I come, asking about the car, she can't drive anymore and she has no interest in it whatsoever. She disappeared into the house for almost 20 minutes and came out with his keychain. It still had his house key and plug gapper on it! I slid the key in the column, pumped the gas a few times and it fired right up! I couldn't believe it. To be sure, the battery should have been dead, right? I asked what she wanted for it and she asked how much I had. I pulled no more cash from my pocket that it takes to buy a new set of tires and she handed me the keys again and called her daughter to take her to the bank to have the title notarized.
It ran like buttered *** until I filled it up with fresh 93 test. Then it cleared right up and I drove it all the way back home. Everything works, right down to the map lights and that annoying 70's buzzer that tells you the key is in the ignition.

What time does that show start?

That is awesome!!!! The show starts @ 9:00 A.M. I believe it is $20.00 to register your car but proceeds go to MADD. I'll be there early. Just look for my Duster, It is the one from the Sheetz commercials. Blue with white stripe and black scoops. I'll have the pics of the commercial shoots and there should be a strong turnout out there this weekend. Hope to see you there!!

That is awesome!!!! The show starts @ 9:00 A.M. I believe it is $20.00 to register your car but proceeds go to MADD. I'll be there early. Just look for my Duster, It is the one from the Sheetz commercials. Blue with white stripe and black scoops. I'll have the pics of the commercial shoots and there should be a strong turnout out there this weekend. Hope to see you there!!

THAT'S your Duster?! Aw man, suhweeeet! Those commercials make me wanna punch somebody in the face! I hate the way that guy just shoves the gas pump in the filler neck. I always scream "watch the paint, retard!" and I pray that he doesn't actually get back in the car holding all that food! He doesn't, does he? Please tell me he doesn't.

No he doesn't get into the car with any food!!!! Actually he really did not shove the hose into the filler tube, they just edited it to look that way. Will you be at Lake Wheeler?

No he doesn't get into the car with any food!!!! Actually he really did not shove the hose into the filler tube, they just edited it to look that way. Will you be at Lake Wheeler?

That's a relief. I was ready to bash that dude.

I have to work Saturday morning but I'll cut out early and head up there, for sure.

-
Back