Howdy, this is my 72 Valiant

-

woodyferalson

Reaction score
New to these parts of the internet and thought I would say Hi.

Here's my 72 Valiant with a 225. Desperately looking for a replacement long block around the bay area if anyone has any leads or yard art they would like to get rid of. Of course the only thing on craigslist is a 71 440 longblock lol. Tempting but I dont have that kinda money or time more importantly. Anyway onto the photos -Mike

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Very cool to see another Valiant sedan in great condition.

I have a '70.

Welcome, very nice car! Ummmmm. Oakland, huh? Someone jack your hubcaps? LOL

Welcome from Texas, if you want to build a big block car set yourself a budget & stick to it. As you collect the parts, You will be able to ask questions of member on this site. There is a world of information here that you can tap. Just be sure you are realistic about your final goal.

Could build the 360 while u drive the / and do a weekend swap! Kool ride. Welcome from the mitten!

Wow what a year am I right, also whats up twin! I got some good and bad news.

Bad news: 15 year old girl, driving moms Charger SRT, decided to clip my quarter panel while the valiant was parked in the street of course.

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

I was able to press most of the dent out, but shes a bit ratty. I have zero experience in body work, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to at least keep this wound from becoming a rust farm please advise. On the positive note, insurance cashed me out and let me keep a clean title.

On to the good news. Found a relatively cheap used 225 slant in my area and proceeded to attempt my first unassisted swap.

223E3E7F-FE82-457E-92DB-B4599BAE2663.jpeg

dont mind my lovely garage

A17A2E39-025C-479E-8764-4EFCC5BBE88A.jpeg

cant wait to tear this thing down and investigate the wear and tear

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

Couple loose ends to tie up, but the new (to me at least) motor seems to run very happy at the moment. Going to swap water pumps since I'm getting an intermittent weep hole leak and I'd rather get ahead of that. Any suggestions on water pump resources? Thanks for looking, hope yalls year wasnt too bad and are looking towards better days.

-woody

On to the good news. Found a relatively cheap used 225 slant in my area and proceeded to attempt my first unassisted swap.

View attachment 1715739049
dont mind my lovely garage

View attachment 1715739051
cant wait to tear this thing down and investigate the wear and tear

View attachment 1715739052

View attachment 1715739053

Couple loose ends to tie up, but the new (to me at least) motor seems to run very happy at the moment. Going to swap water pumps since I'm getting an intermittent weep hole leak and I'd rather get ahead of that. Any suggestions on water pump resources? Thanks for looking, hope yalls year wasnt too bad and are looking towards better days.

-woody
I have had great luck with Flow Kooler
water pumps. They are $100 but replacing a $20 Napa unit multiple times gets old. It’s well worth the price.

I have had great luck with Flow Kooler
water pumps. They are $100 but replacing a $20 Napa unit multiple times gets old. It’s well worth the price.

Man, I was literally on that site right now debating on pulling the trigger. Pretty sure you just convinced me. Cheers!

Man, I was literally on that site right now debating on pulling the trigger. Pretty sure you just convinced me. Cheers!
I have a 1970 Dart with one and it’s been a year and a half, trouble free. I’m building a warmed over 225 and have one on it as well.

-
Back