Hows the dash come out??

-

DodgeFreak

Reaction score
How does the dash come out of a 74 duster?? i don't want to screw anything up so i figured i'd ask first never taken one out of a duster also how does the trim aroudn the front and rear windows come out?? thanks.

The windshield chrome is held in by clips,they make a tool to remove it.
You will have to remove the windshield because there are 5or6 bolts under it that hold the dash in.There is also one bolt under each kick panel.
The steering column has to come out,speedometer cable has to be unhooked also have the main wiring harness plug at the firewall and also the heater control cables.
I think that's everything :scratch: it's been a while since i took one out.

Did i miss anything? Anyone? :)

Ok i knew about the wiring harness and everything but i didn't know where the screws\bolts where at for the front of the dash........i thought i seen them from underneath the dash but then i went looking for them and couldn't find them...so i guess i'll be pulling the windshield

DodgeFreak
If your stil trying to get your dash out, after you drop the column down
and pull out your gauge cluster, run your fingers on the inside lip of the
dash framing you will feel 7/16 nuts going across the dash. Use 1/4 drives & sockets. In the corners there is 1 nut and 1 screw holding the corners on. I mite be wrong on the nut sizes it is either 3/8 or 7/16's
I just put my dash back in my 70. :thumrigh:

If you are talking about the actual steel dash you will need to do what EvilScamp said. The bolts are only accessible once the windshield is removed. If its just the pad I would agree with Orangedust. I do remember there being screws only in the corners also, top had speednuts on studs that were molded into the pad.

I need to get the steel part out....and i seen where the screws came in from under the windshield...so i'll be pulling it out when i get the time.

-
Back