HP Hose - where does the O ring go?

-

scamp80602

Life Long MOPAR Man
Reaction score
I'm replacing the PS pump and HP hose in my Scamp - Saganaw pump. The reman pump came with an O ring that the instructions say MUST be installed on the HP hose. The old hose didn't have an O ring - maybe that's why it leaked. I can't see which end of the HP hose the O ring needs to go on. Doesn't look to me like it belongs on either end. Anybody know the answer to this one?? Thanks in advance!

Refresh my memory where the hoses screw into, My car is in storage right now. I actually did the same thing on mine last summer. But, to shoot from the hip, I would say it will go on the hose that will screw onto the pump. Meaning the gasket or O-ring should be placed all the way towards the end of the threaded piece. Does that make since? I'm really kind of tired, and I'm on Ny-quil.

Thanks Mick and Bob - you'd think this would be easy. The service manual says "Use new pressure hose O ring - 1.06 pump only". 1.06 is the Federal pump (round reservoir)- I have the Saginaw (ham can shape) pump. The HP fitting on the Saginaw pump (the HP hose connects to the fitting) has an O ring as part of that assembly. Both the old and new HP hoses are flared on both ends. I'm going to post pics of both ends of the HP hose and see if you can see a place for an O ring.

-
Back