http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/members/j061093409.1722/

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340 demon 72

Reaction score
jo61093409 IS A RIP OFF

I would NOT buy anything from him. He told me this was a working column when we were discussing it and also told me it was a floor shift column. When I got the column I opened the box and went to remove it from the box and the center shaft fell out of it there was no clip holding the shaft to the upper bearing. After inspecting it further noticed at the bottom of the column it had a shifter arm on it at one time and someone had cut it off. The lower bushing in column (or bearing) is all wolered out and is no good as well. I offered for him to keep 1/5 of the money for his inconvenience and to send the rest back, and I would send it back to him at my Expense. The worst part about it is that I sent him the money thru paypal as a friend or family at no cost to him (MY MISTAKE) so there nothing I can do about it thru paypal anyways. (SOME MOPAR FRIEND) Then to make matters worse another member was asking about the column, (and the person I bought it from) told the other member (That was inquiring about the column) that I HAD TAKEN IT APART TOTALLY WRONG HE SOLD ME A JUNK COLUMN AND WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT TO CORRECT IT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resized_20170421_152648[1].jpeg

Resized_20170421_152631[1].jpeg

Resized_20170421_152637[1].jpeg

Cry me a river. You paid with Paypal the WRONG WAY for goods and services.That's why they have GOODS AND SERVICES.

really try taking someone's word that something is in good working order and receive it and its a pos thought (at least where i'm from) mopar guys are a man of there word. and always make things right but I guess there are jerks out there just trying to scam people here

Last edited:
funny, i seem to remember reading about this deal and him wondering how to make this work out for both parties involved

You should be gettin flack for even postin this. You're the one who paid friends and family and then want to cry about it. It was 100% all on you.

Go cry somewhere else. I'm tired of readin **** like this. Business is business, not friends and family. You're too stupid to see that and then want to blame it all on someone else.

I aint pickin sides but whether you have insurance or not isnt the issue Rob.....its the difference between percieved/stated/sellers condition and the actual condition.
Hope it gets resolved...time to chk out the for sale ad

I aint pickin sides but whether you have insurance or not isnt the issue Rob.....its the difference between percieved/stated/sellers condition and the actual condition.
Hope it gets resolved...time to chk out the for sale ad

Yeah, I agree.......but still If YOU had never done business with someone, would YOU have paid friends and family?

I am bettin "NO".

This is NOT a column shift column The arm that was cut off is for the reverse lockout, which started in 70. You bought an old used column out of an old used car. I'm not sure you actually have a complaint here.

Always friends n family and never been bit. Couple close calls...took me outing them here to cough up refund and/or parts.
When I sell I let the buyer choose...f n f or cover the pp fees. Their.choice
Yeah, I agree.......but still If YOU had never done business with someone, would YOU have paid friends and family?

I am bettin "NO".

you a jerk too really try taking someone's work that something is in good working order and receive it and its a pos thought (at least where i'm from) mopar guys are a man of there word. and always make things right but I guess there are jerks out there just trying to scam people here also you MUST BE ONE AS WELL
WRONG!!!!! "Mopar" guys are absolutely no different than any others! Rob is a good guy as many others here are. Have I ever been stiffed by"mopar"guys YES!!! You need to take responsibility for your own actions. 90% of the time when someone bashes someone else on here we find the situation is not exactly as described.

Always friends n family and never been bit. Couple close calls...took me outing them here to cough up refund and/or parts.
When I sell I let the buyer choose...f n f or cover the pp fees. Their.choice

Maybe I am tainted......I don't know.

to all you thieves with the F'd up parts/junk, what you all need is said part shoved up your *** and the money you scammed shoved down you throat until................. you know. Myself, I will not let you rip me off. all dealings I've had with Fabo members for parts were good dealings, sellers went above and beyond to make sure I was aware of parts condition. there was no secret of who, what, where I was dealing with.

I have no problem taking responsibility for what I've done but so does he telling me this was a perfectly working column and I go aND remove it outa the box and the shaft falls out of it cause there's no spring clip holding the shaft to the upper bearing and the threads where the steering wheel are stripped and unable to get a nut to hand thread on it.and then saying I took it apart totally wrong. I know if the situation was reversed and my customer was that unhappy that I would have sent him his money back immediately I offered him to keep 1/5 the money send me the rest back for his troubles and I wouldon't send it back at my own expense

You should be gettin flack for even postin this. You're the one who paid friends and family and then want to cry about it. It was 100% all on you.

Go cry somewhere else. I'm tired of readin **** like this. Business is business, not friends and family. You're too stupid to see that and then want to blame it all on someone else.

So you are saying that if a person (for whatever reason) pays for an item the "wrong way" they without a doubt no questions asked deserve to be screwed ??. About ten or so years ago i bought a Wii off ebay for my sisters kids and payed for it " the right way" and paypal did nothing for me as i never recieved the item nor one cent back.

Edit to add

I believe this was before ebay took over pay pal and im not so sure there were even two pay options back then. But either way they never helped me or got me my money back.

Last edited:
We don't know the situation-how much he gave for it or what was discussed. These deals seem to start and end on a different note. One thing that is "very"obvious is this guy was too cheap to pay for insurance so it begs the question-what else was he trying to get cheap? I don't know either party so questions need to be asked before we go off blaming one or the other

Well I paid 250 for it told him to keep 50 for his troubles was told it was a working column so I took his work on it and as far as being to cheap for the insurance NOT SO if it's something I need I will pay as they wish to make things less complicated well that won't happen. Again that's for sure

Ya know i don't make a great deal of money so that was alot of money too me. I'm so close to putting my car back on the road after 20 plus years. After all said and done this is the only think holding it up and so now unless I do get the money back I'll have to wait another month to make enough to buy another one. So looks like I'm going to happen either to wait just fricking sucks

We don't know the situation-how much he gave for it or what was discussed. These deals seem to start and end on a different note. One thing that is "very"obvious is this guy was too cheap to pay for insurance so it begs the question-what else was he trying to get cheap? I don't know either party so questions need to be asked before we go off blaming one

I would assume that calling a guy cheap would mean you have picked sides. How do you know he did not purchase insurance? And what would that have helped anyway it wasn't broke in shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
This is crazy,
Joel is a good guy .He does a lot for the Mopar community and has supported A bodies for years also runs D.A.R.T.S. I am sure he will work out something with you. He has had family issues (death in the family) there's no need for all this. I will say this it is a 70 floor shift column. I am sure he will take it back and send you your money back. Just give him a little bit.

[/quote]I would assume that calling a guy cheap would mean you have picked sides. How do you know he did not purchase insurance?[/qoute]

he is saying that since he chose to pay "friends and family" instead of for "goods or service" while using paypal. he opted to save 3% instead of taking the insurance that the 3% buys you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back