Huge pile of mopars. Literally!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I found this picture while looking for pictures of my dads old demon. I took this picture back in 1989 while up in north dakota with my parents on vacation. What caught my attention was the yellow 340 duster all the way on top of the pile. Now looking at the picture 20 some years later I noticed the dart on the bottom right, the aspen or volare on top of that and a gremlin on the other side up top. Sad to see these cars just treated like a bunch of junk, I would kill to have that duster!

Attachments

• Duster on pile.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 578
i can see the sharktooth grille too!

Like they say if we only knew then what we know now!

I imagine a lot of us knew these cars would always be special; I also imagine that more than a few of us, like me, didn't have the extra money back then to buy them up before they hit the junkyard. I clearly remember some pretty nice 3-deuce GTOs, 440-6bbl GTXs, and Road Runners sitting on car lots in the late 70s, with "$500 cash" written on the windshields.

I remember sitting a couple of stacked cars up cutting out a console shifter section out of a 69 Dart..

Yep.. tried to save and strip as many as I could, but damn it made it tough to move.

Grant

Those were just 15-20 year old junk used cars back then, it would be like seeing a pile of mid 90s sh*tboxes in a junkyard today. Actually those cars probably got turned into some of the mid 90's sh*tboxes you see in the junkyards today.

Either way looking back at that photograph today brings a tear to my eye.

Attachments

• iron eyes cody.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 232
well im not old enough to have saved them then so im doing what i can to save them now i got one saved lol

-
Back