Hughes big mouth heads

-
I talked with a head porter that used to work for Gibbs about 4 hours away from me that said he would take a look at the heads/intake, and see what he thought , sounded pretty good and wasn’t afraid to weld and epoxy to shape everything the way they needed to be, so this fall goin to tear it down and let him have a look see , not looking for a w-9 result but maybe there’s an extra 10-15 cfm hiding in there

I talked with a head porter that used to work for Gibbs about 4 hours away from me that said he would take a look at the heads/intake, and see what he thought , sounded pretty good and wasn’t afraid to weld and epoxy to shape everything the way they needed to be, so this fall goin to tear it down and let him have a look see , not looking for a w-9 result but maybe there’s an extra 10-15 cfm hiding in there

Did he give you a guesstimate or did he want to see them first. Can you pull a valve and clean up a port and post up some before pictures before they head off.

Unless someone takes it on as a pet project, my interpretation of “welding and epoxy” = $$$

Yeah he wanted to check them
Out before he said anything,and I will take pics and one of my mopar friends has used him a lot and has nothing but good to say about him, my thinking is if you add up new indys a worked intake, rockers, possible
Custom pistons, or a set of w-9 s with all the works, there is room to spend some money on these if he thinks he can help them and still not be out 10 grand, but if he says there is no help or very little he can do then , we can bite the bullet and buy a big time top end or maybe a pro charger for the eddies, who knows ?

-
Back