Hughes highstall convertor??,s

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Hi, I want to order the 904 Hughes 3000 stall convertor,I noticed the ring gear is not on?What flex plate is needed and what size convertor?8,9or 10 inch?This will be going on a 360 with a mild cam,750d.p holley,8 3/4 with 3.91 gears.Thanks for any advise!

I hope it's a generic picture of a convertor.

All three hughes convertors we've had that start with a 27 series, 904 piece, all had the ring gear on them.

as said above..probably just a generic pic...all mopar converters come with ring gear on it.

as far as flexplates....b&m flexplate for 360/904....it is for externally balanced motors.

Thanks Crackedback!My 77 360 is external balanced right?I,m asking cause when I order they,ll be asking.Also what,s the 77,904,lockup or econo?What,s the diff.?My other car is a 4 speed,so the 904 is new to me?Any help would be appreaciated.Thanks

My 2 cents... never buy a convertor that is balanced for the engine. Buy the neutral balance and get a B&M style flexplate that gets the balance correct.

This way, if you go to an internally balanced engine/stroker, you have a convertor that can be installed without having to knock of weights, etc.

My 2 cents... never buy a convertor that is balanced for the engine. Buy the neutral balance and get a B&M style flexplate that gets the balance correct.

This way, if you go to an internally balanced engine/stroker, you have a convertor that can be installed without having to knock of weights, etc.
Very good info.!I plan on stroking the motor next winter,so it,s better to plan ahead.Thanks

Hi, I want to order the 904 Hughes 3000 stall convertor,I noticed the ring gear is not on?What flex plate is needed and what size convertor?8,9or 10 inch?This will be going on a 360 with a mild cam,750d.p holley,8 3/4 with 3.91 gears.Thanks for any advise!

Are you dead set on a Hughes??..i'd look in to some other brands too i myself prefer Ultimate converters,Lenny the owner/builder is a great guy to deal with just give him a call 203-874-2100 tell him Dave from Boston recommended him.....

The trans could actually be a 999. which is a 904 with a 5 clutch front drum. 904 came with either a 3,4, or 5 clutch drum. Just above the pan rail on the drivers side there are numbers stamped in the case. If you can post those numbers I can tell you if its a 999 or not. I don't believe the lock-up trans started until 1978.

The trans could actually be a 999. which is a 904 with a 5 clutch front drum. 904 came with either a 3,4, or 5 clutch drum. Just above the pan rail on the drivers side there are numbers stamped in the case. If you can post those numbers I can tell you if its a 999 or not. I don't believe the lock-up trans started until 1978.
Can,t check for #,s,tranny,s gone to shop for shift-kit install.I,ll try to find out from installer tomorrow after work.Also Stroked 340,I,d love to order from Lenny but shipping would be pricey,just had a guy quote me $49 to ship a $25 90% oil adapter from N.Y to Toronto?Not!!

-
Back