[WANTED] Hurst 4 Speed Console Shifter

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check with member DartOS. I know he had a Hurst shifter, just not sure what it was out of and if it what you are looking for. Worth a shot though.

65Racer,

Attachments

• P1090301.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 188
  • P1090300.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 166
  • P1090299.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 207
  • P1090298.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 177
  • P1090296.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 212
  • P1090297.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 183
This is ultimately what I am looking for. This one has had the original ball replaced by a T handle. I have only posted on this site a couple times and am impressed with everyone's ideas and help. Thanks

Attachments

• cuda shifter.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 187
This is the Hurst shifter on my 833 trans. The other shifter came out of a 68' Cuda factory 4-speed car. But it wasn't a console car.

Attachments

• P1090302.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 149
Yes they're as rare as hell, I was lucky enough to find one from a member on here. One year only AND console only. Gunslinger makes a pistol grip that will work, or there are repops out there.

my cousin found one on feebay a few months ago by looking at console shifters for B bodies. Not every seller knows the difference and the one my cousin scored was listed as being for a charger but after looking close at the pictures it sure was an A-body unit. So I would just keep my eyes open and be observant.

The A-body unit has "HURST" sideways and the B unit has "HURST" upright, one dead give away. Some people are so unobservant they wouldn't notice small differences even if the differences kicked them in the nuts, so pay attention and you might get lucky and find what no one else noticed.

yup, big boy toys LOL. separates the men from the boys J/K

seriously the re-pops are probably worth it because most originals are so pitted and worn out that by the time you restore them your into repop territory anyway. I have only seen a couple originals that are even half way decent for a restored car.

I found this one at a swap meet. If I remember correctly I paid close to 400. For the handle with woodgrain ball. Not sure if it is a repo or restored original. Slip in style. Does have the Hurst letters in the stick. I think there is two different Hurst console handles for different years. Late 68 & 69 up.
The console plates I got are repo's. If you have a original plate to get restored that would be the way to go as the aftermarket one I got came in very twisted. I was able to take most of the twist out of it but am afraid to bend it anymore. I think it would break. The gap at the glove box door is not as nice as the originals nor the paint finish but the chrome is nice. The boot is nos.
I still have not been able to find the side cover that the carpet covers but have heard of a fiberglass replacement?
The cost of the above parts, the passion aluminum 18 spline 833 and all the conversion to 4-speed bits was enough to buy a pretty decent running car. Not really worth the expense in my opinion. You have to really want it. I see no chance of ever selling this car for the price of the parts these days.

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_240332_048.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back