-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MD68

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is a Hurst Competition Plus shifter. $175 to your door in the continental US. Thanks.

68E4CA0F-39B5-4768-A6D8-0C1F10CA617F.jpeg

51D17EE9-7BCB-4801-B9F5-0D16EC09DD68.jpeg

Unfortunately, I can't answer that confidently. I don't see any other numbers on it than the ones shown in the picture. I had two of these that came with the A833 that I put in my Dart(it was originally a automatic) I know the year of the trans I used was 1970. The only difference I noticed was the way the shift lever attached. The one in I put in the car was the bayonet style. The one for sale is the bolt on style. Hope this helps some.

The item for sale is an aftermarket Competition Plus. Factory shifters have smaller rod holes since they don't use rod bushings. Also, the factory shifters have a swept-back reverse lever, whereas this one is straight. The factory reverse rod is too long to work with this shifter.

The aftermarket Comp Plus shifters use different rods than OE (for use with bushings) and require the early A-body shifter mount (2298). The installation kit (Hurst 373-8617) also shows spacers between the 2298 mount and the transmission. I believe those are the spacers shown in the photo.

Make no mistake, it's an excellent shifter--I'm just pointing out that it's not a factory part and won't work with original linkage. Shifter Doc has the required parts to finish the job.

I just installed one of these shifters on an 833 4 spd, going into a '66 Dart. Here is a p/n for the installation instructions; Hurst Super Shifter Installation Instructions p/n 373 8617. Finding that kit is very difficult, but you can buy the parts Shift Doc and Hurst. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back