Hurst Driveline Small Block MOPAR to TKO Bell Housing

-

earlymopar

Reaction score
Have any of you used this bell housing or know of anyone who has? Strangely, Hurst cannot tell me whether the OEM clutch release arm and inspection cover will fit their bell housing. Even worse, their technical rep didn't know what cover and arm their bell housing was designed for. Everything in the picture looks OEM-like to me except the TKO mounting surface and bolt pattern.

- EM

HURST DRIVELINE CONVERSIONS » Blog Archive SMALL BLOCK MOPAR TO TKO BELLHOUSING » HURST DRIVELINE CONVERSIONS

Have any of you used this bell housing or know of anyone who has? Strangely, Hurst cannot tell me whether the OEM clutch release arm and inspection cover will fit their bell housing. Even worse, their technical rep didn't know what cover and arm their bell housing was designed for. Everything in the picture looks OEM-like to me except the TKO mounting surface and bolt pattern.

- EM

HURST DRIVELINE CONVERSIONS » Blog Archive SMALL BLOCK MOPAR TO TKO BELLHOUSING » HURST DRIVELINE CONVERSIONS

My guess would be that they don't know because they're use to using hydraulic clutches that do not have release arms. Not to mention, it may also be uncommon for people to order that bellhousing for use in an A-body.

My guess would be that they don't know because they're use to using hydraulic clutches that do not have release arms. Not to mention, it may also be uncommon for people to order that bellhousing for use in an A-body.

Yes, I sure understand and had also thought about the hydraulic slave cylinder issue since many of these businesses suggest using internal hydraulic slaves. But, when a manufacturer designs a bell housing that has features for a clutch arm, a clutch arm pivot and an inspection cover, you surely know what you've designed them for. You can't have mounting holes for these mating parts without that knowledge. Also, this bell housing is a "universal" part meant to fit a small block and TKO and isn't tied to any specific vehicle platform. Thanks, - EM

Yes, I sure understand and had also thought about the hydraulic slave cylinder issue since many of these businesses suggest using internal hydraulic slaves. But, when a manufacturer designs a bell housing that has features for a clutch arm, a clutch arm pivot and an inspection cover, you surely know what you've designed them for. You can't have mounting holes for these mating parts without that knowledge. Also, this bell housing is a "universal" part meant to fit a small block and TKO and isn't tied to any specific vehicle platform. Thanks, - EM

It could also be that they designed that bell with E-bodies in mind and don't know if A-body linkage is different.(I don't either)

It could also be that they designed that bell with E-bodies in mind and don't know if A-body linkage is different.(I don't either)

You may very well be correct considering Challengers and Cudas would likely be the lions share of the swaps. But there is still the issue of the bottom inspection cover. No one at Hurst could tell me what fits the Hurst bell housing. - EM

-
Back