-
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for this Hurst shifter handle for an a-body. This one is in a '69 Barracuda 340.It's the only one I've seen.

20240503_152502.jpg

20240503_152512.jpg

It's an aftermarket handle off of a Super Competition shifter they sold back in the day. It's different from a stock handle.
[SOLD] - Hurst super comp shifter and a body hurst handle Mr. Ohio Mopar check out this older thread. There are several pictures. This one definitely resembles the one you are looking for and there is some member information there. The fifth picture is pretty good for comparison to yours. Good Luck with your search

Last edited:
I believeI have that shifter in my 68 Ragtop /4 spd., console. I bought separate as my console and shifter were missing when I purchased the car. I would have to check to be certain.

Second pic shows all three 3 spd. . Left, 4 spd console center, and 4 speed non console right. The one on the chair is what you are looking for . The one you pictured is not . It looks more like a Aspen/Volare shifter F-body

106_0687.JPG

steve 310.jpg

For reference only. Here are a few side by side pictures of the two non-console Hurst handles.
The early "push-in"
The later "bolt-in"
If you stack them, the bends are the same.
Most believe that there is no such thing as a "Bench Seat Handle"
If you look in the factory parts book. The only handles listed are as w/console and w/o console applications.

100_5015.JPG

100_5016.JPG

100_5017.JPG

Last edited:
This shifter is a Super Comp, bought at Swallens in the mid 70's. I may have to try to talk him out of the handle. I'm going to try to get him to pull it and let me get some measurements off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back