Hyd clutch master cylinder mounting

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Where is the best place to mount the master cylinder for a hydraulic clutch?It look like to me next to the brake master cylinder.But there is not really enough flat surface there.I have a kit from Chucks classic cars it came witha Wilwood master cylinder.
Any ideas without have to hack up my firewall. Thanks,Jim

Where is the best place to mount the master cylinder for a hydraulic clutch?It look like to me next to the brake master cylinder.But there is not really enough flat surface there.I have a kit from Chucks classic cars it came witha Wilwood master cylinder.
Any ideas without have to hack up my firewall. Thanks,Jim

You could use the lever unit from an ATV and mount it on your shift lever.....:snakeman: Ok maybe not....

Check out this thread and the pics... http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=40229

I mounted two different master cylinders on my firewall in the process of experamentation. Make your firewall stiffening/mounting plate so that it will cover existing holes and you may want to relocate the emergency brake cable through the old clutch rod opening.....:cheers:

Well I did mount it.I mounted it were the voltage regulator was.This would be next to the brake master cylinder, and just above the E brake cable on a 68.I did make a reinforcement plate,and it does cover up my E brake hole.I was thinking I may be able to run it through the old clutch road hole as you suggested.Since this is a 4 speed I want to try and keep the E brakes.
Tonight I will have to hook the hose up from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder and then blled them.Then I hope it will work.
Thanks,Jim

-
Back