hydraulic lifters on mech cam

-

Swe.cuda65

Reaction score
is it possible to put hydraulic lifters on a solid cam?
know it works the other way around but dosent hurt to ask :)

I have done it on a couple of early poly motors, never had an issue.

It depends on the cam. Smaller would probably be ok but beyond stock I'd think will run into problems. Personally - I wouldn't risk it.

Sure. They'll fit right in.

seen it done in dirt track racing many times where rules allowed only hydrolic lifters,..worked fine but i wouldnt do it on a street motor...

..............I have done it on a few motors, always with great results..........my latest is the 284/528 mopar solid.........kim...............

........................pro's= more lift as u don't loose ur valve lash, quieter running, cons=less rpm capability as u can run into lifter pump up...........kim........

........................pro's= more lift as u don't loose ur valve lash, quieter running, cons=less rpm capability as u can run into lifter pump up...........kim........

anyone ever run hyd. rollers on a solid roller cam, big inch street car ?

hey oldkimmer what type of rockers are you running with these hydraulic lifters on you 528!!! and also whats your max RPM you running? you got my curiosity

...................I'm just using the old cast iron adj rockers....pulls really strong to 5800 rpm.......I have used that cam with the factory non adj rockers b4....really good till 5400 rpm.....I shoot for .006 preload..kim.......

...................I'm just using the old cast iron adj rockers....pulls really strong to 5800 rpm.......I have used that cam with the factory non adj rockers b4....really good till 5400 rpm.....I shoot for .006 preload..kim.......

Much appreciated, Skimmer. That's need to know knowledge, for dorks like me.

Like someone said I"ve done it on dirt track engines with 2barrels holleys carbs where the rules were tight, just adjust the lifter to .010 on both int/exh. never had a problem using good lifters, if you had a loose valve and they could here it you were disqualified .so if you wiped a cam you would get a dnf. but I would never do it on a engine for my car.

-
Back