hydraulic Throw out bearing.

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
Anyone run one of these or have the concept down. I am having issues with my Z bar and the 440 in the duster and I am looking for a work around.

David Kee who specializes in Ford Toploaders (sorry) runs a hydralic TO bearing in his drag car. He actually hooked up something similar to a line lock solenoid. He depresses the pedal, pushes a button that holds the pressure keeping the clutch engaged. When the lights turns he lets off the switch and presto full engagement with no pedal travel.

He says the hydraulic TO bearing is a good alternative when space is an issue. Personally I have not had any experience in changing one in.

I called and talked to them today. I need to know how far out of the firewall does the master cyl stick out. to make sure I will have header clearance.

Why don't I just send you mine and you can try it out. Its just sitting in one of my storage cabinets and I'm not planning on using it anymore. That way you can check the clearance first hand.

Let me get home and settle down and then i might pick it up and see where this is gona go. I got the starter adapter from Lakewood today to bad it doesnt come with directions and no one can figure it out.

Sounds like I might have to fly down to AL and have some fun :D Let me know when you want to try it out, no sense in buying one and end up not liking it or it not working for you. If it doesn't fit or feel right, I'll just stick it back in the cabinet :wink:

come on down. we are getting set up in the new house and I have lots of crap to keep us busy. We can even make some cash with all the hurricane damge around. Makes sense. Yall probly wont hear from me for a week or so until DSL is hooked up at home we are working on that.

I got the starter adapter yesterday from lakewood but cant figue out how it goes together.

-
Back