Hydraulic TOB differences

-

ChargerST

Reaction score
How do the hydraulic throw out bearings differ between Mopar, Chevy, Ford? Are they application specific or modular meaning that only the piston (diameter) is different and swapping the piston allows you to turn a Chevy TOB into a Mopar TOB?

I think its a matter of the bearing retainer. The hydraulic bearing can be shimmed to engage the fingers on the disc to work. The McLeod bearing that I have is the complete bearing retainer which bolts to the face of the transmission. It's just a matter of bolt circle and diameter. Call them I'm sure they can answer your questions. I'm very happy with my hydraulic assembly.

I think its a matter of the bearing retainer. The hydraulic bearing can be shimmed to engage the fingers on the disc to work. The McLeod bearing that I have is the complete bearing retainer which bolts to the face of the transmission. It's just a matter of bolt circle and diameter. Call them I'm sure they can answer your questions. I'm very happy with my hydraulic assembly.

You do like the McLeod setup? You wouldn't by chance have a picture of it under the hood would you? I'm planning on going that route as well, Passon Performance told me to go with the Apex setup instead of McLeod, mostly for the master cylinder mounting bracket design.

I don't have firewall picture as all 3 Wilwood master cylinders are under my dash. It is a race car and there isn't a factory instrument cluster in the way. Wilwood 2 pedal assembly. They want your pedal ratio to calculate cylinder diameter required. The only problem I had was bleeding it. I put a long AN hose on the bearing to aid in bleeding.

If you have an aftermarket bell.you can have the manufacturer close up the big hole and not lose certification. 2 AN hoses.

EastSide Motorsports - Mopar Master Cylinder Kit

Give Eastside Motorsports a call. They can set you up with all the parts you need. A guy named Gray is part owners in the company and the founder of Apex. Gray was the mastermind behind Keisler, which became Silversport (SST). Keisler had good products but the actual owner ran the company into the ground. Gray was the engineer. Gray is a die-hard Mopar guy to boot.

They are very easy to work with. I bought a T56 hyd. TOB from them and will do the same for my A833 when the time comes, here soon. They overnighted me a bearing at no cost when the ordering mistake was mine. They truly just want the customer to have the best product and be happy.

EastSide Motorsports - Mopar Master Cylinder Kit

Give Eastside Motorsports a call. They can set you up with all the parts you need. A guy named Gray is part owners in the company and the founder of Apex. Gray was the mastermind behind Keisler, which became Silversport (SST). Keisler had good products but the actual owner ran the company into the ground. Gray was the engineer. Gray is a die-hard Mopar guy to boot.

They are very easy to work with. I bought a T56 hyd. TOB from them and will do the same for my A833 when the time comes, here soon. They overnighted me a bearing at no cost when the ordering mistake was mine. They truly just want the customer to have the best product and be happy.

Thanks, I'll have to give him a shout, that kit you linked too looks pretty much the same as the Apex kit, makes sense since he is part of both companies.

-
Back