Hydrogen Hotrod

-
IMG_5894.gif

We now have the best system on earth. Necessity is the mother of invention. Maybe one day fairy dust will power us-just like Peter Pan and we will no longer need vehicles.

My main concern with H2 if fueling the car. The SLIGHTEST amount of static eletrictity (running a comb through your hair) can ignite H2. So how are they going to build safe H2 fueling stations for the general public.
Not sure how safe they are, but there are quite a few of them out there. This one's a couple miles from my house.

1691636321510.png

It takes more energy to produce the hydrogen than it creates. Same old story. No free lunch.

My take on a H2 fueled vehicles. I really like the high octane rating. It should allow us to run a more efficient engine. The cost of producing the hydrogen is a problem. But, if they poured the money into researching how to crack water into Hydrogen and oxygen cheaper that they have poured into electric cars then I don't think it would be a problem. As far as safety goes, it wouldn't be to hard to protect the fuel cell so that if it was hurt bad enough to explode then it wouldn't matter because everybody was already dead from the accident. Refilling can be done safely with connections that only allow transfer if they are correctly connected. In short, I think hydrogen is the future.

Jack

It takes more energy to produce the hydrogen than it creates. Same old story. No free lunch.
I believe that the thinking is that if the electricity used in electrolysis is from solar or wind then it is free and environmentally friendly

My take on a H2 fueled vehicles. I really like the high octane rating. It should allow us to run a more efficient engine. The cost of producing the hydrogen is a problem. But, if they poured the money into researching how to crack water into Hydrogen and oxygen cheaper that they have poured into electric cars then I don't think it would be a problem. As far as safety goes, it wouldn't be to hard to protect the fuel cell so that if it was hurt bad enough to explode then it wouldn't matter because everybody was already dead from the accident. Refilling can be done safely with connections that only allow transfer if they are correctly connected. In short, I think hydrogen is the future.

Jack
There is no mystery to "cracking" water into hydrogen & oxygen, it takes energy, so the only question is where's that precipitus input going to come from.
I'm a fan of hydrogen fuel-wise, but it's ridiculous to compare a tank explosion of hydrogen to just about anything else, for the same reason it's a great fuel....the BTU/#mole is off the chart compared to the rest. That tanker that went up & destroyed half the Interstate out East in PA, would've blown both sides down & probably a city block on either side, if it were a pressurized tank...

The fueling would be water. The car would be the “generators “
Never happenin', and yes, I've watched all the "water buggy" videos..the conspiracy theories etc. etc. I've also looked at the "diagrams" & whatnot, and came to the conclusion that the premise was a large AC voltage delta at an extremely high frequency to break the electron bonds, not buying it..particularly in a portable on-demand system.
Don't get Me wrong, I wish it were true, but I'm a realist. I'd love somebody to prove Me wrong, but won't be holding My breath...

-
Back