Hypothetically, what would happen...?

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
Something I overheard the other day: This guy was talking about using a 4" stroker crank with 6.123 rods but with regular .030 over pistons in a .030 over 360. I know there is a reason they make "stroker" pistons, but would this guys idea even work or would it just smash the pistons into the valves?

0.21" out of the hole if the piston had zero deck height with a 3.58" stroke crank. Probably not going to work unless they use a really thick head gasket, some very open chambers, and an abnormally tall block. Or mill the piston and add your own ring lands, if there is enough material.

Last edited:
don't think that would work too well. remember back when mopar article about putting std bore 340 pistons in 360? i did that. when i assembled engine the pistons looked like hills and valleys. and the block had not been decked. measured each piston that was out of hole and had top milled to .005 below. couldn't keep head gaskets on the damn thing from blowing. that was like 100 years ago, it seems. nothing wrong with trying to save some money but .....

Ha! Besides what has been mentioned, the counter weights and piston skirts will try to occupy the same real estate at the same time. Tell him to dream on.

I was pretty sure it wasn't ment to go together telling him about my 408, but I didn't have any facts to back it up. Thanks!

-
Back