Hyundai's New Spark Plug Safeguards The Future Of The Combustion Engine

-
I really like Hyundais... my buddy works for them and they treat their employees really well

I bought a Kia Optima for My Wife... I did an Oil Change in Late November took it out for a "Spirited" Drive and Threw a Rod.
Got $500 dollars for a 4 year old car with 100k miles on it. Never again.

R.jpg

From what I know, this type of Science was used on two cylinder two strokes for decades,
where one coil fired two plugs simultaneously the one on compression and the other on the exhaust. It was a fix to not have to have two coils and two sets of points. It was simple and it worked.
But in the Kia application, with electronic fuel injection, I'm not buying the new technology. If you gotta resort to this kind of tomfoolery, you couldda just put a decent coil on it in the first place.
You know, I once knew a guy who used to say this; Just because a thing can be done, doesn't mean you aughtta do it.
You know, like going; to the moon, or to Mars, or to the stars, or putting a base in Antarctica, with actual people living there. Sheesh.
And then, when it comes time to replace the plugs, what will that cost? And you know that you can't just go to Walmart for them.....
What's the cost to benefit ratio?
Will I save money over the life of the vehicle?
I'll tell you what I wouldn't do; I'll never buy a car with those plugs in it. That's like buying a John Deere. Every part is proprietary and you can only get it at the Dealer.
End rant and
that's my opinion, lol.

I agree with the “snake oil” promise.
If this would had made a difference the manufactures would had made this years ago. Also, just because the computer tells you, “you don’t need new spark plugs” does not mean you don’t change them so they don’ freeze in the heads (threads corroding).

Interesting idea. Harvesting unused energy. Seems like there would need to be a diode in there somewhere. Maybe in the plug.

It looks good, but I'll bet that's where it stops. None of the other "different" style plugs have been a revelation. I doubt these will be, either.

My 1938 Harley had one ign coil with two secondary windings, wasted spark system.

They can't even keep their cars from getting stolen, maybe they should focus on that instead. Anyone who buys one of their cars is an idiot...
Well Ram and Stalantis seems to be in same boat!

I understand why the thieves want the Rams and Hellcats+. Better keep a wary eye!

I bought a Kia Optima for My Wife... I did an Oil Change in Late November took it out for a "Spirited" Drive and Threw a Rod.
Got $500 dollars for a 4 year old car with 100k miles on it. Never again.
And on the other side, a freind put 400k miles on one without any issue other than coils (at the time they would die around 90k miles) using it to deliver pizza.... :)

Lol, Kia Spectra 500k orig engine, trans suspension and solid. Drove it to junkyard after stepson beat the piss outta it.
Next...Hyundai elantra...300k and still going lol. Yeah I'm an idiot lol
They can't even keep their cars from getting stolen, maybe they should focus on that instead. Anyone who buys one of their cars is an idiot...

Lol, Kia Spectra 500k orig engine, trans suspension and solid. Drove it to junkyard after stepson beat the piss outta it.
Next...Hyundai elantra...300k and still going lol. Yeah I'm an idiot lol
My ex put 140k on her optima (had to change the coils... no biggy) and gave it away when she got a soul, still ran fine years later til it got T-bones..

P.S. i do hate the soul though.. i like how it looks but my ex had one and my sister has one.. they feel like a go-kart and i feel like i'm gonna die anytime i'm in one.. BUT they have both been good cars :) I'm too used to my grand cherokee and have gotten soft :)
I do HATE the look and price of the new cherokee though.. not sure what i will do next.

Normal maint on spectra, changed coils once, changed rad. Same with Elantra. Warranty engine replacement on Elantra with 300k. NEVER a reliability issue ever with either one. People stealing them?? Who gives a **** unless youre an idiot and have no insurance.
I would not hesitate to buy another one for DD.
My ex put 140k on her optima (had to change the coils... no biggy) and gave it away when she got a soul, still ran fine years later til it got T-bones..

P.S. i do hate the soul though.. i like how it looks but my ex had one and my sister has one.. they feel like a go-kart and i feel like i'm gonna die anytime i'm in one.. BUT they have both been good cars :) I'm too used to my grand cherokee and have gotten soft :)
I do HATE the look and price of the new cherokee though.. not sure what i will do next.

I'm on my fourth Hyundai since 2006.
.can't say enough good things about them.
K... since someone is wondering... why do you replace them every 4-5 years? I replaced my 2014 GC in 2018 with 18k miles on it on a whim and to get rid of the **** suspension issues it had that made me nuts and chrysler couldn't fix...

I rode in a KIA hamster-mobile for the first time, last week. I felt like I was riding in a cardboard box.

Back on topic, Pulstar Plugs incorporates a Peaking Cap into their plugs for a much more intense spark from the same coil. Brisk offers Multi-Spark plugs in a different package than Hyundai.

-
Back