I <3 free sh*t

-

Plik

Ragin Cajun
Reaction score
Late 60's B-body 8-3/4" housing and 489 carrier! Guy at work wanted it gone, so i helped him out. 8) What can I expect to pay to have the perches relocated to an A-body spread?

1281749566.jpg

1281749564.jpg

What can I expect to pay to have the perches relocated to an A-body spread?

Probably about $20 at the local muffler shop. Take the whole shooting match up there with your jack stands and new perches. Flip the rear end upside down and level it up using the old perches. Measure for the new perches and have them welded in. You can either leave the old perches in place or cut them off using a grinder.

If that T square behind it is correct it's been narrowed. Correct width for an A body is like 52.625" flange to flange.

If that T square behind it is correct it's been narrowed. Correct width for an A body is like 52.625" flange to flange.

It measured 55" flange to flange and 44" perch to perch, thats the dimension I was showing. I'll need to have the perches moved in 1/2" each side.

Probably about $20 at the local muffler shop. Take the whole shooting match up there with your jack stands and new perches. Flip the rear end upside down and level it up using the old perches. Measure for the new perches and have them welded in. You can either leave the old perches in place or cut them off using a grinder.

Does the location of the flat on the flange end make a difference?

When you put the perches on, have the pinion 5* up with the perch level to simulate the A body set up.

The flat spot on the flange goes to the top side, helps locate backing plates.

If you know what pinion angle you need, then get it set wherever is required

Free stuff like that is always good!

-
Back