i am so freaking stupid,,,,and slow.lol."eddy this and eddy that"

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i have been reading on here for quite some time, trying to learn the ins and outs of the mopar world, and all i read about is eddy heads. anytime i see a thread about what heads to go with, everyone says go with the eddy heads. eddy this, eddy that.....

now i just started reading a post about someone asking for opinions on a carbeurator choice...........here we go again.... eddy this, eddy that.
so then i start thinking, "wow. this "eddy" company must be taking over mopars by storm". they have their own heads out, and now they are dabbling into carbs too.lol
so i google "eddy", and find nothing.

after about another 20 minutes, i now realize that eddy is short for eldebrock. lmfao.it all makes sence now. eldebrock heads and eldebrock carbs....................................wow, what a horrible brain fart................
just thought i would share.lol

well, technically, it has taken me almost 2 months to figure that out.lol

Here,s a heads up about your other issues..

Chunk
Center
pumpkin
s.g
= your rearend center section LOL

Here,s a heads up about your other issues..

Chunk
Center
pumpkin
s.g
= your rearend center section LOL

Well, should there be a thread about Mopar-ite slang terms for parts and other related slang terms?? Heck, it could practically be a synonym thread reference point for us new-comers, for all eternity... starring charles bronson... but really lets start a slang thread...
did someone already do that? Is that what this thread is?? :) :)

i can honestly say that i have not 1, nada, zero edelbrock parts on my car and i'm quite happy with it that way.
...who's eddy ?

Don't forget: you don't have to pull your dizzy when you change to an Eddy.
LOL

I remember my first mechanic job when I was in high school and the guy I trained under asked me for a pair of "Dykes". The expresion on my face said it all. That was over ten years ago and we both still laugh about it.

LOL, I know just how you feel. When I moved to New Mexico I always heard the radio talking about bad traffic jams on or near the "Big I" for about six months. I would get to work expecting to see wrecks and traffic jams but never did. Finally somehow I figured out the "Big I" is not Intel which is where i work. They were talking about Interstate 25. Man I felt dumb:)

LOL, I know just how you feel. When I moved to New Mexico I always heard the radio talking about bad traffic jams on or near the "Big I" for about six months. I would get to work expecting to see wrecks and traffic jams but never did. Finally somehow I figured out the "Big I" is not Intel which is where i work. They were talking about Interstate 25. Man I felt dumb:)

Here's some Colorado slang that took me some time to figure out:

Western Slope
Front Range
Valley Highway
The Mousetrap
The Tunnel

:-D

You're not the only one! I'm still trying to figure out what "bump" means....
Thanks, Mark

i have been reading on here for quite some time, trying to learn the ins and outs of the mopar world, and all i read about is eddy heads. anytime i see a thread about what heads to go with, everyone says go with the eddy heads. eddy this, eddy that.....

now i just started reading a post about someone asking for opinions on a carbeurator choice...........here we go again.... eddy this, eddy that.
so then i start thinking, "wow. this "eddy" company must be taking over mopars by storm". they have their own heads out, and now they are dabbling into carbs too.lol
so i google "eddy", and find nothing.

after about another 20 minutes, i now realize that eddy is short for eldebrock. lmfao.it all makes sence now. eldebrock heads and eldebrock carbs....................................wow, what a horrible brain fart................
just thought i would share.lol

....and please, its not Eldebrock, its Edelbrock!!!

lol, so now i do not feel as stupid. you guys are hilarious

O.K., my turn, being that we are exposing ourselves. Would someone tell me what is and Indy head ? Is eddy better than indy?

....and NO, you are not stupid!

You know, the only stupid question...is the one you dont ask!

Mark...you do so know what "bump" is....its a dance from the 80's!!!:-D:-D:-D

Been there done that.

I finally figured out that "Autobox" was the term used by most Europeans for "Automatic transmissions."

I was like "WTH is an autobox?"

Well it's a brave man that can polk fun at himself. Myself it took a while to figure out what the hell does ttt mean!

-
Back