I beat "The Man".

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I make routine trips to the dump for many reasons. At my place I have lawn and tree maintenance, I buy derelict cars with junk in them, all sorts of reasons why junk finds me and I have to get rid of it.
Almost 3 years ago an old timer finally had enough and wanted to clear out all his car stuff. I got almost all of it. Yeah, I got the bad with the good. 273 and 318 heads, drum brake parts, AND about 20-25 tires on small bolt pattern wheels. I don't deal with the small bolt stuff and every one of the tires was 15 years past being roadworthy.
The dump allows 4 tires per visit, anything over 4 is $1.50 per tire to leave there. What to do?
I made a "tire lasagne".
The bed of the truck was first covered in 8 tires laid flat. I covered that with old blankets and junk plywood. THEN another load of tires covered with tree branches and leaves. I put another 8 tires on that along with some bags of grass, misc boxes and other junk. I have side boards on the truck allowing me to pile up to the top of the cab. I waited to go on a busy Saturday so the attendant was distracted. The tires were disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner. (Instead of leaving them on the side of a lonely 2 lane road)
I laughed about it on the way home. I beat "The MAN."

My local "Transfer station" one of the employees stands there and watches for things they can charge extra for. I would gladly pay what your dump charges per tire.

Having lived on lonely two lane roads I live for catching people illegally dumping.

Mike

Kern Dog sounds like guy at work. Boss gave him a junk truck to haul in for scrape. he filled BOTH the 30 gal tanks with water.
maybe not just exactly " right" ??

now, that is a real dilemma
do I call you out for being untruthful, and bragging about it...or do I follow the lead on the SBP wheels ?

you know what, forget the wheels, lets go with principle here, you basically stole $1.50 per tire, so what, 15, 20 bucks from the dump ?

not sure if I would want to be bragging about that, specially since they allow you to dump 4 of them for free at a time

damn - my place is $20 a tire and I would NOT want to get caught doing that - I need them to be ok with me..

It's that place you dream about to throw your favorite carb into.

now, that is a real dilemma
do I call you out for being untruthful, and bragging about it...or do I follow the lead on the SBP wheels ?

I have some small pattern wheels for you, you are just too picky!!

You "beat the man"...

Is that what they are calling it now days???

What happened to the chicken???

Not to jump on the band wagon here kern dog, but I'm in total agreement with what's already been said here. What you did is exactly the same as shoplifting. It's dishonest. I realize you probably don't look at it like that, otherwise you may not have made your post. Funny reference about the lasagna though!

Jesus Christ...
Shoplifting? Really? The Dumps we have in this state take the tires that are dropped off and grind/shred them into fill for use in asphalt road work. The person dumping them is required to put them into a separate dumpster away from the other thrash.
That sucks that other states charge so much for tire disposal. Maybe they don't have the same programs that we have here.
I have never dumped trash on the side of any road. I have more respect for my town and myself than to do that.

So you break the rules lie and deceive and come here and brag about it.

Nice work.

Not just here. Every think about smuggling Illegals?

So you break the rules lie and deceive and come here and brag about it.

Nice work.

I knew you'd be compelled to offer your "wisdom".
When creative racers found ways to go faster, 99% of racing fans thought it was great. Creativity! Ingenuity! Lets hide nitrous oxide in the roll bar! Lets place plastic capsules in the suspension that will break, allowing the car to lower down during a race for better aero! Lets shave the rocker panels, alter the wheelbase, raise the spoiler....
I wasn't bragging about the savings as much as the silly way I did it.

Back in NH we called it the Man's mall! Usually came back with more than we came with, just different stuff.....

I've found all sorts of cool stuff at the dump. I'm not the only one either... They put up a sign that reads "No Private Salvaging".
I guess RRR is going to accuse me of stealing now. OOOooooh NoOoooo!!!

So, are you saying that you didn't do anything wrong?

I've found all sorts of cool stuff at the dump. I'm not the only one either... They put up a sign that reads "No Private Salvaging".
I guess RRR is going to accuse me of stealing now. OOOooooh NoOoooo!!!

They will write you a ticket out here for removing something once it is in any of the containers. It's against the law.

we pay a 5 dollar environmental tax per tire when the tire is purchased new and we can take all the tires we want to the dump for free .

So, are you saying that you didn't do anything wrong?

Sure. I never denied that. I didn't leave them in your driveway or anywhere else either.
They ended up at a place where they will be properly handled.
Creative people have different ways to show their attributes. I just thought it was creative and funny. I knew someone might be offended but I also figured with all the cheating and rule bending that Racers have done for decades, CAR guys might find this funny. Some did.
I wasn't looking to gain a "Facebook following" or anything, just sharing something I thought was funny. I see that a lot of people thought otherwise. It shows the diversity of opinions here and elsewhere.
I think that my biggest mistake was to underestimate the opinions of the judgemental types that never bend any rules.
Take that pointy finger that you wag at others and ask yourself if you can live up to the standards you place upon others. Tell the truth now.

-
Back