I bought a movie scamp

-

jjr426

Reaction score
hey guys anyone seen the Movie The pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. Well there was a car here on the eugene oregon craigslist that i wanted to buy its a 73 scamp 318 with disc brakes etc. Well i got my taxes back and had a little money to spend so i called and offered them what i had which wasnt much really. Well the guy e mailed me back and said that would work call him to make arrangements to come and get it. Well during the call he tells me that it was in a movie but he couldnt remember what movie he would call the owner and find out. Well i bought the car for the brakes and the rear bumper and figured it part the car out ( I have to many already ) but i can always use parts. Well i went up to Eugene the other day to pick it up and he gave me all the paper work the car came with and in all the paperwork it has all the stuff from the movie company and paperwork showing it was in the pursuit of Happyness So i rented the movie to watch it the other day and sure enough its in there about 10 times nothing important just a car in the background but there is one scene inparticular that i remember watching when i saw the movie a couple months ago and i remember telling my wife whoa look a dart i need that well turns out its not a dart but i own it cool huh. I know its not a famous movie car but i think its pretty cool still i own a car that was in a movie Does that make me famous 8)8) So anyway im not parting it out anymore im just gonna put it in the garage and start on it later i mean i cant part out a movie car right. Justin

that's a great story, you have a good car with a history, hope you keep it. post some pics?

hey cool thats it thanks like i said its in the movie about 10 times its painted a different color now but in a few of the shots in the movie its already painted so they must have painted it midway through the movie. By the way thats the scene i was talking about When i first watched the movie a few months ago i saw that scene and told my wife that i needed that car and now i own it freaky huh. That is the only scene in the movie where you can really see the car the other times you just get a glimpse of it driving by or the camera pans over it really quickly but when i rented it i slowed it down and looked really hard for it i know im a loser but im sure most of you guys would have done the same thing LOL Justin

thats so rad - so is the paint good on it then? Sounds like a better than average parts car!

The paint isnt that great They just painted over problems Im assuming they didnt want to spend the money to make it perfect since none of the shots are very close up in the movie its got some rust around the windshield and rear window but i have other parts cars to cut that stuff out of There is just no way i can part this one out im gonna fix it its got too much history i know its not an important movie mopar but still how many people can say their a body was in a movie at all. The funny thing is its kind of that pea green color factory with green interior and they painted it kind of a deeper metallic green but left that ugly pea green vinyl top it looks pretty weird together So i dont know what ill do with the paint probably just buff it and drive it like it is till i get time and money to tear it down and start over on it. I love this little scamp

hey guys anyone seen the Movie The pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. Well there was a car here on the eugene oregon craigslist that i wanted to buy its a 73 scamp 318 with disc brakes etc. Well i got my taxes back and had a little money to spend so i called and offered them what i had which wasnt much really. Well the guy e mailed me back and said that would work call him to make arrangements to come and get it. Well during the call he tells me that it was in a movie but he couldnt remember what movie he would call the owner and find out. Well i bought the car for the brakes and the rear bumper and figured it part the car out ( I have to many already ) but i can always use parts. Well i went up to Eugene the other day to pick it up and he gave me all the paper work the car came with and in all the paperwork it has all the stuff from the movie company and paperwork showing it was in the pursuit of Happyness So i rented the movie to watch it the other day and sure enough its in there about 10 times nothing important just a car in the background but there is one scene inparticular that i remember watching when i saw the movie a couple months ago and i remember telling my wife whoa look a dart i need that well turns out its not a dart but i own it cool huh. I know its not a famous movie car but i think its pretty cool still i own a car that was in a movie Does that make me famous 8)8) So anyway im not parting it out anymore im just gonna put it in the garage and start on it later i mean i cant part out a movie car right. Justin

That is really cool, I am glad you have decided to not part it out.

yeah ill get some pics of it this weekend and post them again its nothing fancy just a neat old scamp that was in the movie BTW i know that is the car from the clip posted above because of the rear view mirror you know how our a bodies have the rear view mirrors quite a ways down the windshield well as that shot comes around to the front of the car you can see the rear view mirror tight to the roof of the car and we noticed the same thing when we picked the car up someone threw a chevy rearview mirror in this car I hope they didnt hurt anything other than the little scamps pride using a chevy part :-D:-D:-D

-
Back