I can't figure how to remove the inside upper door trim, on a 1968 Barracuda Hard Top Coup.

-

aracer01

Reaction score
I'm installing a headliner. There is one screw towards the front on the metal trim piece, it seems clipped on. This is what covers the headliner. I'm thinking if I remove the inside rear side trim, under the window crank the the trim piece will slide back, like the outside under door trim.
Anyone do this before? Out here today? I'm going to take the back seat out now, and I'll check back, with my findings.

It's clipped on, take out the screw and wiggle it around to loosen up the clips the pull down from the front to the back!

Silver clips are closer to the screw hole, red ones are closer to the rear!

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG

You would pull the rear seat to pull the package shelf anyway and I'm almost certain the side panels have to come out too. The upper rail trim might be last out and first in. Although I've done this a couple times, its been a while.
Those clips in the floor that hold the seat bottom, I covered them with hubcaps, then blankets. They would eat you knees.

You would pull the rear seat to pull the package shelf anyway and I'm almost certain the side panels have to come out too. The upper rail trim might be last out and first in. Although I've done this a couple times, its been a while.
Those clips in the floor that hold the seat bottom, I covered them with hubcaps, then blankets. They would eat you knees.

I just came up for air, (fish humor). Thanks, I'm glad to see the clips. And after doing all you said, I pry down at the rear of the trim since they also seem glued on, with some wood paint stick, to see? Maybe hairdryer heat to ease the factory adhesive.
I will take some pictures along the way, to help someone else. I waited until the bows are in and the liner is on the table, to take out the trim, so I wouldn't loose anything and see how the headliner remnants in place.

Last edited:
There is a little spray adhesive at fabric to sail panels, etc... but there shouldn't be adhesive applied to hold any trim on if its OEM.

There is a little spray adhesive at fabric to sail panels, etc... but there shouldn't be adhesive applied to hold any trim on if its OEM.
Your right, what I found out is that the outer edge is tucked under the stainless trim. The rear arm rest has the rear edge of the liner trim caught in a channel, so it is necessary to pry with a plastic tool the trim inward from the top edge. Starting at the back since it was looser. Paint stick to keep a gap and out it slid backwards. The clips also hold the liner down, to start. Let ya's know how it pops back in. Back to front?
P1010018.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010017.JPG

It puckered like a coffin. The non-perforated is not flexible or stretchy. I'll have to trim more at the cloth listing. 3" is not enough to get it to pull down, maybe 4-5". I'll try when it's 90* outside

P1010182.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010001.JPG

-
Back