I can't leave anything alone.

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I picked up a 57 Buick grill for $60. I figured for that price I will make it a wall hanger or chop it up and put it in the 48 Chevy with the narrowed 56 Caddy bumper but I kinda like it better in the 56.

All I did was flip it upside down, it's just sitting in there loose right now.

Before...
100_6075.jpg

After...
Photo0349.jpg

Photo0348.jpg

Photo0347.jpg

Or cut it WAY down and put it in the 48 but I do have a set of 54 Desoto teeth that I might put in it....

100_2551.jpg

100_2553.jpg

It looks really good in the '56! I'd leave it in there. I think Desoto teeth would look badass in that Chevy. :cheers:

Looks good,is there any way you can mound the Olds emblem on there?

I was thinking the same thing. I might have to cut a few of the bars to get the tabs through but I want to put the Olds letters either in the center or in the stock location on the driver side.

I was thinking the same thing. I might have to cut a few of the bars to get the tabs through but I want to put the Olds letters either in the center or in the stock location on the driver side.

You should do it on the driver's side again. I think it'll look awkward in the middle IMHO. Just throwin my 2 cents out there

I like the Buick grille in the 56 Olds, and think the DeSoto grille teeth will give the 48 Chevy a nice agressive look. But, I like the vertical divider section in the factory 56 Olds grille. Could the vertical center bar of the Olds grille be incorporated into the center of the Buick grille?

-
Back