I could use a little help

-

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Last week I delivered that "66,000 mile 318" and parts I had listed to a nice guy in Georgia who is on FBBO. He broke the motor open and verified it had never been apart before. Turns out it looks like it had been run without oil, spun a bearing, cracked the webbing up to and including the next to last cam bearing and the cam lobes are wiped.

I was sold a bill of goods. This motor isn't/wasn't what I was told it was when I bought it almost 11 months ago. (no, I didn't get it from anyone here. I got it from someone in my local MOPAR club)

I'm giving him some of his money back, but I want to help him more. So this is what I need/want. Is there anyone anywhere near ATLANTA that has a KNOWN GOOD RUNNING 318 that they are tripping over that they would donate to the cause? I want to help find him a good motor to get his Satellite back on the road. Neither he, nor I, are in a position to pump a bunch more money in to this.

So if anyone has a good 318 that could be free, or as close to free as possible, please let me know.

I have one that I am tripping over, but I know nothing about it (much anyhow). It is a truck engine with a 4bbl intake on it. I don't know if it runs or what the deal is. It was thrown in with my Duster when I bought it. I live about 100 mi. S of Atl.
As an alternative, I am sure that Atlanta has monthly auctions of impounded vehicles. Macon has one about once a month that I usually check out to see what's being offered. Those cars usually run and usually bring slightly more than junk prices.
I also just checked the Atl craigslist. A lot of Dodge trucks with 318's listed for less than a grand...
C

Sorry to hear about this T.....:sad10:

I'm sure you'll make it right with the buyer.

Well thanks all. The response has been underwhelming.

A sincere thanks to those who actually responded, and especially to Cal for offering up a motor. Unfortunately the guy doesn't have a way to transport a free motor (seems like he'd find a way) so I guess he's SOL, out a motor, and I'm out as well.

Again, to the THREE people who responded....thanks very much!

68 Sedan...I understand your dismay in getting very little help and response. But don't be mad at all the fabo members that didn't respond. You very well know that if any fabo member could help they WOULD!

Myself...this is the first time I saw this thread. We all can't respond and see them all in a timely manner.

Sorry to hear you got shafted. Great to hear you are trying to make it right.

Good luck and Aloha!

Bump!

Lately there has been demand for cheap/free 318's. My cousin just called and asked me if I had one. I junked two last summer, no one wanted them. Sold all the other small blocks I had that I didn't want too. I know a guy with a 360 in a truck right now he's sell reasonable, but it's in northern IL.

I sure do understand your feelings 68 Sedan.:angry7:
I did read it and new there was nothing I could do to help.
I have one complete built 360 waiting for a good home , But it is stored in my old truck till then.
I wish I had a short block ready to go for you, But I don't bud.
I picked up a new 360 years ago and the man that sold it to me was woundering why I was taking it apart All I said was I like to build my own and he got a little upset thinking I did not believe he sold me a new motor.
I did not tell him he had three rod caps a little loose .
Sorry to here the motor had spun a bearing and bad cam.
I hope something can fall your way to get you past this.:clock:

Hey T, Did you ever get ahold of the member that I mentioned that might be able to help out?

Sorry man, I saw the post but am nowhere near Ga nor do I have a 318 laying around. I'm sure if someone could've helped they would have.

Don't take it personaly. :)

-
Back