i could use some advice

-

1976dodgedart

Reaction score
my dads friend has a 1965 sport fury thats in great shape and has very minor rust (only 2 quarter size spots on the rear quarter panels) hes sellin it for $1600 and he has a freshly rebuilt 440 727 combo that he said he would sell me for $2000, should i buy the engine combo and put it in something light like my dart or would that be good enough for a big c body? when all is said and done i would like it to run low 13s, is that to much to ask from a car that heavy???

the 440 is built fairly stock i believe it was bored slightly over and i plan on running a large 4 bbl and a mild cam with headers and a stahl converter

thank you in advance

tj

Just my 2 cents..There,s some modifying that goes with putting a 44 in an A-body.The 65 Sport Fury isn,t really much bigger than your A-body,I,d stuff it in the 65 and have fun!

A 440 in a A body will take some doing. Engine mounts, expensive headers, driveshaft shortening suspension and rear end upgrades. What about brake upgrades? It all add's up to alot of money spent and while the potentail of power to weight ratio is a great one, 13's can be had with less money and a 318.

I'd have to say that the 440/727 would be GREAT in that Fury.......especially that particular body style........lighter weight than most, great looks, and with a 440 it will be an animal...........an ANIMAL. :toothy10:

well i actually have a 318 im putting into my dart right now lol and im going to check out the fury this saturday so ill some pics of the car and the 440 to post

-
Back